Thursday, December 17, 2009

Officially vaccinated.

That's right. I just got my h1n1 vaccination here at work. I have been tossing around my decision since the first time they asked me if I wanted it. You see, we get the flu shot for free and now the h1n1 as well.

I had never ever had a flu shot in my life, until last year. My OBGYN recommeded getting one since I was preggo...so, I caved. My reasoning has nothing to do with all the arguments for and against vaccines, I honestly don't know much about them. I am just terrified of needles. And I mean, really, seriously, hyperventilating, holding back tears, terrified. Yes, I know, I am 26 years old and they don't hurt. I cannot explain my irrational fear of a needle plunging into my skin. I have just always been this way.

Anyway, I'm still a little scared about it. I have seen some youtube video about that cheerleader who had the awful side effect...I don't know if it is really true or not, but it is scary nonetheless. So, I guess we will see what happens!

(Oh, and my very lovely coworker let me cut in line so I could get the GOOD nurse. I can honestly say she is the best shot-giver I have ever experienced. I keep asking her if I can bring her with me to the other doctors...I am pretty sure she thinks I am kidding.)

Have a lovely day!

No comments: