Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thank You 3-Day Weekend!

Back to work today after a wonderful 3-day weekend. Especially because I didn't realize I would have Monday (yesterday) off until halfway through last week. It was my first week back to work and I was already missing Emilia very much, so it really helped to have one extra day with her before coming back. And boy were we busy!

We had a big girls weekend because Jason was in Memphis for Jay's bachelor party. Friday night we didn't do much. We had a PJ party and watched 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop'. I wouldn't recommend renting it. I had high hopes that it would be funny, but sadly, I only chuckled once or twice. Emilia was so bored she fell asleep.

Oh! It was her first night sleep more than 5 hours though- that was glorious!! She slept 6 1/2 hours! I thanked God and then thanked her. (O:

It was nice to get some extra rest because we went yard saling with Grammy (Treasa) the next morning. There were several with cute baby girl clothes. I cleaned up at one- they had Old Navy and Children's Place jeans in perfect condition for 50cents a pair! I also found on of those warm, wooly carseat covers for this winter for $5! Jenga!

BUT...I think I have a problem. (haha). My name is Annie and I'm addicted to baby clothes. "Hi Annie"...yeah, it's pretty bad. So, I've decided no yard saling next weekend. Treasa's co-worker, Jenny (the one that gave us all the clothes last fall) is having another yard sale for her daughter's 6-9 & 9-12 month clothes on June 6th. She is giving Treasa and I a pre-sale (haha) on either the 4th or 5th. So, I've decided I don't need to make anymore purchases before then. I know she will have so many cute clothes and I will probably finish filling Emilia's closet for this fall/winter.

Anyway. That evening, after a short rest, we went to a Memorial Day BBQ at Kathy's house. It was fun. Emilia wowed everyone (a lot of people there had never met her). She started getting kind of crabby, so we went home. (I think she was crabby for 2 days because there were onions in the Mexican Chicken I ate at Treasa's...everyone keeps telling me it was the onions). Anyway, she's better now.

Sunday, we slept in. Another 6 1/2 hour night of sleep! Then, after I fed her, she slept for another 3!! I thanked her again and said 'You really love me, don't you!" She just smiled. Jason came home that afternoon and we went to Si Senor with his parents.

Monday was another long, eventful day! Emilia and I went shopping with my mom for new work clothes. She starts her new job on June 1st and needed new business casual clothes. My poor mother hates shopping and especially hates trying on clothes. But, we were very successful! She found more tops than she was expecting to and 4 new pairs of slacks. All before lunch! Woo hoo! Then, we did a little shopping for me. I wanted to find something cute and new for all the weddings we have this summer. The more I thought about it I realized I shouldn't get a dress because of the complications it posed for nursing...so, I found some cute black dressy capris and 2 different tops. I'm excited because I really feel like I look OK in these outfits. It's nice to have a little self confidence again. (O:

So now I'm back at work...I keep looking at Emilia's 1 day old picture that's taped to my monitor. I never knew I could love someone so much or miss someone so much. I can't wait until 5:00!

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

whoa! you did have a busy weekend. really? no yard sales? what if htere is some super amazing community yard sale?
working totally bites after kids, huh?