Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I torture my husband with hot dogs and macaroni

I've been training the new front desk girl (Lois, no, not Lane..) since Monday and I am WORN OUT! I have never actually trained anyone before, which I think is the main reason for this drained feeling (that and I'm sure pregnancy is playing a good-sized role too).

I was so anxious about this all last week- worried that I would forget something or that I wouldn't do a good job. I don't know why, but things like this have always scared me. Even though I had the full approval of my manager, Patty- she's the one that asked me to train Lois, because she said she wanted Lois to learn from the best. I thought that was very nice of her to say, even if I don't know that to be completely true... I took the compliment and am trying to live up to Patty's expectations.

So far so good with Lois, she's a little older (which who isn't older than me there...by at least 5-10 years!) Which, Lois is probably late 40's/early 50's if I had to guess (and I'm a bad age guesser...) But, she's doing great, and I'm starting to feel a sense of accomplishment- I'm actually doing OK at teaching someone how to do something!

I do have to say this has been a completely draining experience- I'm drained phsyically and mentally! By the time 5 rolls around, I'm so worn out I want to pick up dinner on the way home instead of cooking anything. Which is why I made hot dogs and mac 'n' cheese for dinner tonight, talk about easy peasy! Luckily for Jason, his uncle who lives in TN was driving up for some meeting tomorrow and asked J to meet him at Lotta Wotta for a late dinner. J got out of a meal he told me I was mean for making (haha) and I got to enjoy a meal I have (for some weird reason) been craving all week!

Moral of the story- trainging new employees makes me a bad wife (haha)

Oh, and the really great part- I have another trainee starting on Dec. 1! (I think this experience has shown me that I am capable, now I'm just going to start going to sleep at 7:00 so maybe I won't be so tired!)

Have a lovely night my dear ones (O:

2 comments:

Jillian said...

hot dogs and macaroni are totally a meal.
seriously, I would not do well married to Jason. Other than obvious blaring reasons (haha) there is No Way a woman can cook an "AHMAHZING" meal every night. hello. You are pregnant and work full time. Tell that dude to make YOU a meal.

wow. that was a rant. I didn't know I felt so strongly about that. :)

Jaime G. said...

think i finally get to have my hot dogs and mac-n-cheese tonight! thank goodness! i haven't been able to get it out my head since you posted this blog.
man - i need to clip my nails, my typing is getting horrible!