Friday, December 4, 2009

The time has come!

That's right, Ladies and Gentlemen! The time is now here- the time for me to become a real 5k runner! I can't believe it has been 9 weeks since I decided to give the Couch to 5K Training a whirl. Looking back, I have definitely come a long way and I am very proud of myself. I actually stuck with it and made it to the end! While I'm not actually running 3 miles yet, I AM running 30 minutes straight. That is how I did my training. In hindsight, I wish I would have trained for mileage intead of minutes. But, I am still proud of myself and I am looking forward to tomorrow's run.

Last night I met up with Jaime for a trial run of the course. We did pretty good, if I do say so myself. We decided to cut part of the course out, seeing as it was 5:30 p.m. and already Very dark out. She picked up mace on her way to meet me, but even still, we didn't want to risk it. Overall, even with skipping part of the course, I think we feel better about the whole thing. I feel better prepared for what tomorrow holds and I am far less nervous. I think because we took the time to check it out before race day, all our nerves and insecurities were wiped away. Now we know what to expect and we also know that (for the most part) we can do this! I can actually look forward to tomorrow instead of dreading it. And I am so excited!!

I will make sure to let you know how it goes....if I survive. ;-)

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

i need a word other than waho-hoo! b/c that just doesn't seem to cut it.
i am SO excited! and SO proud of both of us! SO PROUD!!!!!!