Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Write That Down

(I’m fairly certain I’ve used that title before, but if you don’t remember, neither will I…so let’s move on)

I want to tell you lovely ladies about the great time I had last night! Some of the girls in my small group and I had a Paper Party! Another girl from our church, Christina Watson, is a super talented graphic designer. (Check out her blog @Christina Studio Designs Right Now! OK, well, not RIGHT now…finish reading my post first and then check her out! If you love personalized stationary, you will not be disappointed!) Anyway, the first time I had the privilege of seeing Chrissy’s work was a little over a year ago when I coordinated her wedding. She created ALL her paper products- invitations, menus, place cards, etc. Amazing stuff! Then, about 6 months ago, I started following her blog, became a fan of her facebook page and <3'd her etsy site.

Let me just tell you that I Love. LOve. LOVE all things paper! I love post it notes, little cutie notebooks, note cards, greeting cards and the list goes on! So, when I approached my small group about having one of Chrissy' Paper Parties, I was super excited! Much to my surprise and definitely adding to my excitement- several of the ladies were just as in love with paper as me (or they just love us so much they still came and/or allowed the party to be held in their casa...thanks Erin!!)

Chrissy brought so many amazing products and really had countless options to offer! She does everything herself- draws everything out on the computer, prints all her own work and does all her cutting by hand! It's truly amazing what she does! I had a really hard time narrowing down what I wanted to order (of course I wanted everything she had!) Here are a couple of the items I ended up ordering...I cannot wait for them to be ready!! (O:

These are fabulous little note cards, perfect for a quick hello or special note. I love the whimsical design on the bottom and of course, I love the pink! I had her change the purple circle to green. (That's another awesome thing about Chrissy's work- everything is 100% customizeable!


I fell in LOVE with these cards the first time I saw them! What better way to encourage a girl friend than with these lovelies!! (O: (I had mine customized to hot pink bras and green accents. YAY! Is it bad to say I'm anxious for someone to have something sad happen so I can send one?? I don't want anything major...even just a bad day would do!) OK, that is a little mean...so someone just lie to me and say you had a bad day and you can be the first recipient of one of these awesome cards!! (O:(O:


This is another item I have been drooling over for months now! (I even put it on my Christmas list!) (O: I didn't order it last night, in the HIGH (and probably unrealistic) hopes that one of my family members ordered it for me...but, I will know in only a few short weeks...at which time, if it is not already in my possession, I will be chatting Chrissy up to get one in the works! Of course I want pink instead of navy blue and I think there are a couple of the tabs that I want to see about changing, but that's the beauty! She is willing and able to do whatever anyone might want! (O:


Thanks again Chrissy for a fantastic evening! You did such a great job and we all had a blast! Now, my dear friends, go check her out for yourselves! (O:

1 comment:

jodie said...

So, I don't really appreciate paper like you do, but I love those support cards. awesome