Wednesday, December 2, 2009

This is the frist time...

I haven't been excited about having lunch catered in. I couldn't believe it myself. I mean, HOW could I not be drooling at the mouth over twice baked potatoes, extra cheesy macaroni and caesar salad??

Well, I am glad you asked. The whole Warren family has decided to start Weight Watchers together. Our official start day was this past Monday. So, I'm only on day 3 and I feel like I am actually getting the hang of it. I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 5 pounds!! (Yes, I know this isn't completely accurate- I know my weight fluctuates daily and I also know there is no way I dropped 5 pounds in 3 days.) But, it was Super DUPER awesome be under 190, even if it was just for today. I've been sitting hard at 193 (eeek, I hate that I just admitted to this, again) and today the scale said 188!! I did a double and Triple check, I was so shocked.

That brings me to my distain for today's fabulously catered meal. I have been doing great again today, light breakfast, mostly water to drink, no snacking. I even passed by the world's best Friendship Bread and an ooey gooey pecan pie from Cracker Barrel. I didn't even really hesitate. I just said to myself, it's not worth the points and kept walking. (Look at me go!)

When the food was delivered, the aroma filled my entire office instantly (Doesn't take long when the kitchen is literally outside my door)...I went to investigate and found ribs, twice baked potatoes, extra cheesy mac n cheese, beans, caesar salad and garlic bread. I think it is very rude not to eat whatever a rep brings in, so sticking to a turkey sandwich and green beans was out of the question. I reluctantly went through the line, skipped the ribs, took a potato and a small spoonful of mac n cheese. I made a small salad and skipped the bread. I didn't even ENJOY the food. The mac n cheese made me mad at myself. (If you know me at all, you know that I practically LIVE for mac n cheese, so this was not only upsetting, but also very disturbing).

With each bite, I kept thinking, what a waste...and I don't even know how many points I just used up. I didn't even finish all the food on my plate. It's not that I am beating myself up for 'giving in'- I am actually angry that I had to eat that junk. I had no healthy options to choose from. But, I guess that is the price I pay for being polite. I will just really watch my supper choices.

All of that being said- Can you believe it?? Who would have thought it would only take 3 days to get me to WANT to eat better?! It's like each wise choice is a little victory and I always feel good about writing down what I have eaten because it is (for the most part) healthy. I am definitely goal oriented and this program seems to be for me. My goal is to stay under my 26 points, or at least not to go over, and it makes it like a little challenge each day. My secret, selfish hope is that after a few months of this once I start shedding some actual pounds, I will run into someone I haven't seen in a while and they will say, "WOW, you look great!" That and fitting into my old jeans. I would really love that. All my favorite pairs are too small right now and I can't wait until I can slide back into them! (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

you go girl! way to be strong! (and, i would never have guessed you weigh that much.)

keep it up!

annie said...

Thanks friend! So far so good...

Oh, and you just moved to the top of my friend list for that lovely comment. ;-)