Thursday, December 10, 2009

Time to get ugly!

I am spending my lunch hour today googling 'free Christmas applique designs'...why, you ask? I have been coridally invited by my good friend, Jaime (@fearfully and wonderfully made) to a First Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party (I added the 1st Annual part, but if we are all still here next year, I will pressure her into making it an annual event!)

Well, there must be A.LOT. of UCSP's this year because Goodwill had Nada. They had many ugly sweaters, don't get me wrong. But, their Christmas selection was seriously lacking. I ended up with an OK combo for Jason (part of his outfit is Definitely from the women's section- but who cares, we aren't going for fashionable!) But, for myself, I was coming up empty. That is, until I decided to just grab a regular little sweater (cardi to be exact) and decided I will doctor it up into an UGLY Christmas sweater. Which is why I have been googling for appliques.

My MIL has been hard at work fixing up my BIL's old baby quilt and it has involved mucho-applique (Don't ask my why I'm so Spanglish today...no se!) Anyway, I figure it I find some good designs/patterns, she might be able to help me get 'er done!

Unforatunately for you (because I know you're on the edge of your seats with excitement...), I cannot reveal what my final decisions will be...it would ruin the surprise for my friends that read my blog and will also be in attendance of this blessed event.

But, I would like to get some opinions! So far I have designs for Christmas trees, a snowman, gloves, a gingerbread man, a moose/reindeer (the site says reindeer, I say moose) and ornaments. What do you think I should do?? All of them look fairly easy, so your opinoins need not be based on skill level (of which I have little....)

Oh, and Jaime, (hopefully you're reading this...maybe I'll send you a text to make sure...) are there prizes involved at our Annual bash? Jason keeps saying something about wanting to win. I dont' even know what type of prize we could give away, but it we could come up with something ugly and fitting, it might be funny. (O:

Alright ladies! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

it must a be a guy thing, b/c Jon said he's afraid that Neely is our competition (apparently, one year she SEWED A WREATH ONTO A SWEATER!!!!!!).
but there wasn't an award plan, but there really should be one. i just have no idea what it should be. maybe a gift card somewhere, with the stipulation that you must wear your ugly Christmas sweater to the establishment.
(we made ours too... Jon's is FAB! he even pointed out that his is much mroe tacky than mine)