Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Ramblings of a Crazy, Pregnant Lady

I've just spent the last 2-3 hours researching the best baby products to register for and have been having a lot of fun putting together the beginnings of our registries. Yes, I realize this might be a little early, but I just started it last week at work and now I'm hooked!

I have a 3-page list printed out that I compiled from several sources of all the necessities for a new baby. The list includes suggested apparel, diaper, feeding, bathing, and bedding needs, travel items, health and safety items and furniture. I will say, I have done a pretty good job making sure not to miss anything on this list. And, of course, I really do not expect to receive all the things I'm registering for- that would be a little selfish. But, this way, once we have the registries completed, I can print them out and have a copy for myself. That way, after our shower and once Titus/Emilia is here, I can go out and purchase any remaining items we really need.

After many conversations with Jaime, Jessca, LeeAnn and a few people at work I've narrowed down what I actually need from what Target and Babies R Us are just trying to sell me. Thanks to all my momma friends, this is a confusing journey already and it's obviously only going to get harder once little Titus/Emilia gets here.

Maybe that's why I'm so caught up in all of this. I guess I think that as long as I make myself as prepared as possible beforehand, those are things I won't have to worry about in a few months. Who knows if that's crazy or not, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

you crack me up. i can't wait until baby warren comes and throws your control freakiness super preparedness into total chaos. i think i'll sit back and laguh... and then offer to help and watch the baby so you can sleep and shower.