Thursday, October 9, 2008

What to do, what to do...

I was talking with Jaime tonight about some testing I can have done to see if Emilia/Titus might have any diseases or disorders. From what the doctor has told me, the preliminary blood tests aren't all that accurate, but if they show high levels of (Something), it might indicate certain conditions. In which case, I could undergo further testing to find out for sure.

I can understand and argue both sides of this, but I'm having trouble deciding what I will do. My appointment in in only a couple weeks, so I better figure this out. (I haven't asked Jason's opinion yet, and that, of course, will play heavily into my decision) But for now, I'd like to clear my head of these thoughts and see if I can get any other insights...

Side 1: Why do I need to know? Will it make me love my baby any less? No! Is it worth the stress of worrying for 5 1/2 months and what if it's wrong anyway. I should just wait and see what God has planned for me. Knowing now won't change the fact that Emilia/Titus is coming, so why add extra stress and worry to my life.

Side 2: It's just a good idea to be prepared! If I did find out that something might potentially be wrong (not wrong, just different than what I was expecting), I could have all that extra time to work out my feelings about it and hopefully be OK with whatever it might be. Plus, what an added stress to find out on the day the baby is born- there is so much I won't know how to do at that point, and then add a possible birth defect or disorder?

Well, Jason just got home, so I guess I will end this thought process for now...but I don't think I'm done.

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

i'm going to play devil's advocate here since we've already talked about this.
could the preliminary tests cause any damage to baby warren? or just the further testing?
i'll be praying for you about this... it's a tough decision to make (i assume anyway that it's a tough decision to make)