Monday, December 22, 2008

Great weekend!

Even though I can't really remember parts of this past weekend (due to pregnesia), I have to say it was a good one!

Friday Jason and I didn't really do much, which was nice. I really enjoy just getting to stay home in our pj's and hang out with Zeke. It's so relaxing, and it's nice to just be mindless for a while.

Saturday, my Momma came over to finish up the curtains for Emilia's room (I plan to do a photo blog to show all the new stuff in there very soon...I just have to remember to take pictures!). The curtains look great, and it's so fun to have Mom help with all that sort of stuff. It makes that room so personal- Jason painting such a cool design on the walls and Mom helping with the curtains. This little girl is so loved and she isn't even here yet!

While Mom was working on the curtains, I was making approximately 9 dozen "Fudgy Fantasies" for our work Christmas Cookie Exchange. I will say that while I love the brownie part of my cookies, I think the recipe called for too many M 'n' M's. So, these aren't my favorite cookies, but for people who love M 'n' M's, they should be a hit! (O: (Oh, and let me just say, I have a CRAP LOAD of cookies now...we just got done exchanging all our cookies, so I have 102 cookies...anybody hungry??)

That night, Jason and I went with my mom to see Clare perform in the Christmas play at church. The message was really great and Clare did a good job. Afterwards, we all went to Applebee's for dinner. It actually wasn't that bad. It's been a while since we've all gone out together, and it was a fun time.

Sunday, ahhh, Sunday. How I Love Sundays! I went to church while Jason was at the Blue's game. I really thought the worship time was fantastic this week. I don't think they did anything different, I think it's just that it was exactly what I needed.

I did have to hold back tears sitting behind my friends Jon and Jaime. This was Jon's last Sunday at church before deploying, and I could tell that it was an emotional service for them. My heart broke just thinking about how much we are all going to miss him. Jason and I have grown pretty close to them and it's going to be weird to not have him around. Even though I'm partially "dead inside", the one time my heart always aches is when a friend is hurting. I know I can't do anything but love on Jaime and Jax while Jon is away, but I wish I could do more. I've been praying for them so much, and I know God will comfort all of them.

After service, we went to Outback Steakhouse by majority rule. I think everyone else enjoyed it and my cheesy fries weren't that bad. Except that they attacked me all night and gave me heartburn this morning... (Note to self, no more cheesy fries for a while!). Jason actually made it in time to eat with all of us, so that was good. Our group always has fun at dinner- lots of stories and laughing, it's just a great time. (O:

And that's it, that was my fabulous weekend. Nothing extraordinary, just our regular lives. I'm so blessed to have such great people in my life. (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

i must agree with the part about worship. it was exactly waht i needed. (and will be included in my blog post today as well) it was super emotional and though you couldn't tell, i had a smile on my face through most of the songs. thought i had tears streaming down my face, i was SO happy to be reminded that Gos is there through all the heart ache and struggles and storms throughs life.
(oh, and thanks for making me tear up at work!) love you!

Jaime G. said...

ummmm. okay, typo..... i spelled God as Gos... do you think I'll go to hell for that? j/k, but seriously.