Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's fun to make people smile (O:

I emailed my Aunt Emilia a couple days ago to tell her that we have decided to name our baby girl after her and my Grandma Hilda (whose middle name is also Emilia). I just received a response from Aunt Emilia and she was so excited. She also told me that Emilia was my Grams' mother's name too- so it's more of a family name than I realized!

She told me that my dad used to call her Mia when he was learning to talk. Jason and I both really like that for a nickname, which is neat since Dad used it too. We want her to go by Emilia and have Mia just be our nickname for her. But, we also decided that as she grows up, if she decides that she wants to go by Mia, we are OK with that. But, for now, she is Emilia (O: J and I just aren't big on picking a name because you like the nickname for it, so we want to call her Emilia and just use Mia as our family nickname. We'll see what happens. (O:

Anyway, it was so fun to share this excitement with my Aunt. She is one of the most loving, kind/warm-hearted, wonderful people that I know and I really hope our little Emilia grows up to be like her. My Aunt has already put in a request to be called either Auntie Em or Aunt Emmy. She said they used to call her grandma Emilia 'Grandma Emmy', and that's why she asked if our Emilia could call her Auntie Em. I suggested Aunt Emmy because Auntie Em reminds me of the Wizard of Oz, so we'll see which she picks.

I just wanted to share my happy afternoon happenings. (O:

Emilia is already making people smile and she isn't even here yet! (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

super cute. and i like auntie em... probably b/c it too made me think of the wizard of oz.
i had no idea there were so many hilda's in your family... which is still odd b/c of the cuban in you.
anyway. wow! 2 posts in 1 day! impressive.

Pam said...

just wanted to say that "pregnancy look" is good on you :) I am excited for you and Jason, you will be a wonderful mommy! Love ya!