Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let's turn this day around!

Let me start by telling you all the things that are trying to work against me right now...

Last night was our work Christmas party, which was very fun! I left about 9:20ish and as soon as I left the parking lot I realized I had a flat tire...SO, I had to call Jason to come get me. He got there by around 10:00, changed the flat and I followed him in the truck to Sam's. We didn't get home until after 11, and my poor husband had to be at work by 5 this morning! I felt so horrible, but he was my hero!

Also yesterday, I had my first ever flu shot (because my doctor told me too...I fought it, believe me). This is not something I think I'll ever do when I'm not pregnant, it's really not fun. The nurse that did it at work was so nice and gentle; I didn't even cry! She did say it might be sore...man was she right! That night at the party my ELBOW was killing me...not my shoulder where she stuck me, but my elbow. It felt pretty much like when you hit your funny bone and it's not funny...yeah, like that...all night! Someone warned me not to sleep on that arm that night, so I took that advice...which made for an uncomfortable night of sleeping since I'm a tosser and a turner... And now this morning, the soreness has crept its way back up to my shoulder where it belongs. At least the funny bone pain has subsided.

Then, this morning, I was woken up to the lovely feeling of an awful charlie horse in my left calf! So, I'm trying not to lay on my sore arm while rubbing/punching the pain in my calf muscle until it somewhat goes away. I'm currently still limping because it's still sore too...

SO- now that I've explained all the exact reasons I need to turn this day around, we are going to start thinking positively! My lovely, wonderful Momma is on her way here right now to take me back to Sam's to get all new tires.

I also was able to squeeze Zeke into a spa appointment this morning, so we will drop him off on our way. I sometimes feel bad for him because I don't think he really likes the spa (really just the groomer, but I call it the spa), but he always looks and smells so nice when he's done!

And, while we are up in the Fairview area, I'm hoping to stop at Babies R Us and order my super awesome glider!

I also can't forget that tonight is going to be Mar-Vel-Ous! I've been so excited about Jaime's birthday bash and the amounts of chocolate that are going to be involved...I've got my (somewhat) sexy preggo outfit ready for its debut and I can't wait!

So, see? There are lots of great things happening today. It's going to be a great day!

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

today will be wonderful! maybe you can squeeze in a pedicure to help massage that nasty charlie horse out of your calf (that is if you've hsaved your legs recently).
zeke is getting pampered, you should too!
see you tonight!!!!!!! love you! (did that weird you out? i'm goign to try to start telling people that i care about that i love them more often... it felt a little weird typing that.)

Jillian said...

I went through a really bad phase of flat tires once...I had 3 in 6 months! (not to mention someone hit and ran on my car---and then it blew up!)

Enough about that! (ick)

I'm so excited for tonight! woohoo!
I don't have a sexy outfit...just some old stuff that I'm pairing together---but I'm still pumped : )

Your day will be much better, especially if you think positive!