Friday, December 19, 2008

My life as a Preggo!

I just realized today after spending some time catching up on Jaime's blog that I have really been neglecting mine...I've chalked it up to the fact that I've become a crazy person since getting pregnant, and only that Emilia to blame. (O: (Not really)

I realize that you may already know these crazy things about the new (I'm not sure I'd say Improved...) Preggo Annie, but I thought I'd list off all the ways my life has changed. So, get ready for the good, the bad, and the down-right-Funny! (O:

~I've already mentioned this, and it's getting worse all the time- I have Pregnesia! If I ever thought I was a forgetful person before becoming pregnant, I don't even remember that now! I literally have to write everything down, either in my palm or on a sticky note, so that I don't forget. So, I've got my palm glued to one hand and a sticky note stuck to my butt, I'm sure! I've missed friends birthdays (sorry Jaime!), didn't get Christmas cards done (they will now be New Year's cards...maybe), and have more than once paid bills late just because I truly forgot to pay them. Because of this, I've started prefacing most conversations with "I'm sure I've already asked you this" or "I know you told me this already but...". It's insanity I tell you! Oh, and it definitely carries over into work too...everyday I'm asked if I've completed this project or paid that bill, and most of the time it's, "Oh...I don't think so, I'll have to check". It's a wonder they haven't fired me yet! Luckily most of them are sympathetic ex-preggos. (Is that what you'd call someone who has been pregnant, but isn't now? I don't know, it sounded good!)

~I'm clumsy. Not just a little stubbed toe here or funny bone hitting there...I'm a flat out Klutz! It's actually really funny because I will trip over my own two feet (more than I did before getting pregnant...because yes, I've always done this!). The ones that get me the most are when I run smack-dab into someone's desk or a door frame, just because my spacial awareness is gone! That's when I laugh, it takes a really special person to walk right into a file cabinet. (O:

~I CRY! *Gasp*, I know. This might be the weirdest part of my pregnancy, because I alwasy thought I was dead inside. I never cry about things that I think I should. Sad movies don't do it, those cute little kids living in poverty on the infomercials don't do it, dead dogs on the side of the road? Nope, nothing. I want to say that these things DO make me feel sad-I'm not That heartless-I'm just rarely brought to tears over anything. (The only pre-pregnancy exception to this is when someone I love cries. That will get me everytime.) But now, it's like stinkin' waterworks around here! Let me explain just how bad this really is...This story just unfolded last night...Jason and I went out to eat with Mark, Treasa, Justin and Amy to BW3's in Edwardsville. Afterwhich, we decided to go to Target. Jason and I had decided we were going to purchase the crib mattress and baby bedding ourselves instead of asking for it on our registry (which reminds me...I need to remove those things from our registry!) So, we get everything we need, Treasa bought us the crib skirt to match and a couple cute little clothes to put in her shower gift and we made our way to the register. I had won a $50 Visa gift card at our work Christmas party, so we had planned to use that and in my head I decided we would put the rest on Jason's credit card and pay it off next month. Well, we get up to the register and the tragedy begins: The mattress rings up for $79.99 instead of $59.99...I hate, hate, hate when that happens because I get so embarrassed. Even though it's not my fault that it was in the wrong spot and there is NO WAY I could bend all the way down to match up a skew number, it still gets me all flustered. Treasa and I thought we had checked to make sure it was the correct one, the mattress is a Sealy and the barcode underneath (practically ON the floor...) said Sealy, so we went with it. Anyway, here we are, standing in line, the checker has to radio for help, the Target security guy comes over and radios to that department. Meanwhile, I've got 2 people behind me waiting to check out... I hate that part too, I know they are annoyed with us, but I can't do anything about it now. I've already committed to saying it was mis-marked. (And by "I", I really mean Treasa, she's braver than I am). While this is going on, I find out Jason doesn't even have his credit card on him (we had decided to leave it at home to keep from making jump-decisions...I just didn't know he'd taken it out already). I accidentally yelled at him a little about it, which is a BIG no-no in front of other people. I would venture to say Jason's biggest pet peeve is being disrespected infront of other people, especially his family. To add to my misery and near meltdown, I've got Justin and Mark a few lanes down, heckling me! Now, I'm not only embarrassed because we've grabbed the wrong item and there are multiple people waiting in my lane, but they are really making it worse. That's when I feel the tears start rising up...I just took a deep breath and made it out tear-free, but it was a close call! (I just realized I probably should have made that story it's own blog...talk about loooong....)

Darn it, now pregnesia has again reared it's ugly head... I had one more thing I wanted to report, but can't remember it...see what I mean!

Oh! I do remember. Haha, this is funny...

~I'm actually getting ditzier (as if that were possible!) The other night Jason thought our heater wasn't working well, so he went downstairs and asked me to turn it way up so it would kick on...I go to the thermostat and turn it down to like, 62. I ask if it's come on and he says no, did you turn it up? I said, "Well, I turned it down so it should kick on..." He just stared at me and I completely didn't get it! Apparently I've been doing this for weeks because it's always cold in the house and I'm always the one messing with the thermostat! It was hilarious because he was just staring at me waiting for me to realize what I had been doing and I'm staring at him waiting for him to understand my logic.

~I love water, BBQ, and Chinese. I've been drinking water like it's going out of style and actually loving it! I drink at least 4 big glasses a day at work, and at least one more at home. The only time I really drink anything else is at church or when we're out to eat. I would consider BBQ and Chinese my first official cravings. Obviously, not together, but I could eat either one every day of the week. I am a little sad that I can't handle Mexican right now, but BBQ and China have found new, special places in my heart! (O:

I just realized how long this post was...and I'm sorry for anyone who actually muddled through my mindless ramblings. I hope you aren't contemplating shoving a pencil through your eye just to make the pain stop...Don't do it, it's not worth it! (O: But, on that note, I'll stop now. Until I think of more of my Pregnant Annie-isms to report. (O: PS- Emilia just kicked at the desk, so I think she's done too (O:

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

i'm at work reading your blog (which you already knew) and i laughed out loud about the heater story! i still laughed when i think about it. i try to hold it in but then my shoulders start shaking and i look silly (and the people looking at my backside probably think i'm a freak), but it's HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

oh, and sorry about not handling mexican food. what a pity. not even chips & salsa? mmmm... i just started craving qdoba. okay, sorry for rambling.