Monday, June 15, 2009

"And a good time was had by all..."

WHEW! What a whirlwind of a weekend! I had a great time, but I'm definitely worn out!
Friday night was Alyssa's bachelorette party at The Melting Pot. Yummy!! Mary and Erin met me at my house so we could all ride together. We had a lot of good discussion on the way there and had a so much fun eating yummy chocolate! It was Mary's first time there (!!) and she was a blast! That girl needs to get out more, she was cracking me up! It was a great night of friends, linerie and chocolate! (O: I got home around midnight- Jason and Emilia both already in bed. (O:

Saturday morning, we got up around 7:00 and started getting ready to leave for Dexter, MO for the Warren Family reunion. We had decided that we would just take our time with this trip, no rushing or trying to be on a schedule. It was really great. We didn't leave until around 9:00 a.m. We stopped at Sikeston because Emilia was getting hungry and I wanted to stop at the Carter's outlet store. They were having a great sale- 70% most items! The 5 packs of onesies that I love were only $7.40- down from $15-20!! And the 2 pack of pants were down from $10-12 to $5.20!! Woo hoo!! I loaded up on 3 and 6 month pants for my long legged child and got a couple packs of onesies too. She also needed more sleep 'n' plays since she's already too long for her 0-3 month ones we just bought a few weeks ago...haha. I found a long sleeved white sweater to keep in the diaper bag this summer in case it's ever chilly for Emilia. I've been looking for something to keep with us because it never fails that I dress her lightly thinking it's going to be hot and then it rains or gets cold...so my $5 sweater was a deal! Jason also grabbed a cute shorts and tank top outfit, an adorable blue dress with white fish (probably to be worn to Alyssa/Jay's wedding) and an orange onesie with a giraffe that says "I love long hugs" down the back of its neck! We ended up blowing more money than intended, but that's alright- most of it was actually things we needed. And the prices were great! (Even Walmart/Target prices couldn't compete)

Then, we kept on our way to the reunion...got there at 1:00 and everyone was done eating. We fixed our plates and sat down with the family. Jason's Grandpa Oshall was there, but only long enough to hold Emilia, hug us and then he was ready to go home. He's looking a little better, he's just so weak and wears out quickly. The reunion wasn't anything great, but it was nice to see everyone. I spent a while talking to Jason's cousin James' fiance, Jenna. (Did you follow that?!) She is so sweet! They are getting married next month, so we talked about her wedding (which is always fun!) And they are actually moving into a town house in Collinsville, not even 10 minutes from our house! We said we'll definitely have to get together for dinner and stuff. They are a few years younger than us, but I hope we all still have a fun time. They are getting married in a Lutheran church in Springfield (where she's from), so I don't know if they are planning on attending a Lutheran church in our area...I will probably at least invite them to join us at Cornerstone.

Anyway, that night we stayed with Mark's cousin, Karen. Their house is so wonderful! We stayed in a room that was off the garage- a workout/tanning bed room with a king size bed on the floor. The bed was ah-maz-ing!! Jason and I need a king size bed- we didn't even touch all night! We aren't 'cuddly sleepers', so it was awesome! Jason got bit by something while we were there and it's starting to swell on his leg...weird.

On our way home Sunday, we stopped to eat at Lambert's. My first time! It was fun! I really like the atmosphere of that place. They really throw the rolls! The guy threw one at a little boy (more like gently tossed, under handed so he could catch it) and the little boy then threw it at his mother! It was so cute. The food isn't really anything special, but it was good. Nothing like good home cookin'. (O: Oh, and they bring your drinks in these huge travel mugs! I mean, like 32 ounce jugs! I obviously enjoyed myself and I'm excited to go back. (O:

We took our time driving home too, and it was great. We stopped at some bargain shoe store and spent over an hour looking through rows of shoes and sun glasses. And! Woo hoo! I found a pair of sandals that I've been wanting for years! Take a look...(O:
We decided to stay home from church Sunday night to rest and I'm glad we did! It's now Tuesday (took me a while to get this all typed out...) and I'm still tired! But, it was a great weekend, filled with friends, family and lots of fun!

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

love the shoes!!!!!! seriously... like, love them so much i might steal them next time i'm at your house.

annie said...

You know what's funny about this- Jason totally called it! He said you'd probably be jealous of them! (O: (And I'll be hiding them anytime I think you might be stopping by...)