Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 2 went better...

I have made it all the way to 3:17 p.m. without crying and without being too sad...

This morning went much better. When we got there, I took Emilia out of her car seat and hugged/kissed her for a minute while talking with Renata. She told me that Emilia smiles all the time! I told Jaime and Jason that I took that as a good sign for 2 reasons: 1. They are paying attention to her and 2. She is happy. (I know they are paying attention to her and taking good care of her, but it's still nice to have some reassurance).

The other thing we (Jaime and I) have been worried about is how well Jaxon will handle seeing me there. Since Jax and I are such good buddies, we were worried that he might freak out when I leave and don't take him with me. Jaime and I have both apologized to Renata in advance in case it ever happens. But, today went great! Jax was already there, watching TV with all the other kiddos. When he saw me walking down the stairs he excitedly yelled 'Annie!' I said "Hi Buddy!" and all the other kids said hi with him. I walked into the baby area and set down Emilia in her car seat. Jax ran over, gave me a hug, took off his shoe and showed it to me. I gave him a hug and a kiss, said I love you and then told him he needed to go sit back down. He did without arguing or raising a fuss. Such a big boy! Then, after handing Emilia off to Renata and giving final instructions, I started walking up the stairs. Jax said "Bye Annie!" and then all the other kids said "Bye Annie/Andy" (some didn't quite get it right!) It was really sweet. (O:

I've been a little more productive today than yesterday and haven't even had to scroll through all my pictures. I have looked at a few that are on my phone, but it's an improvement from yesterday. The way I look at it is, she has to go somewhere. I can't afford to stay home with her, so this has to happen. Plus, I think daycare kids learn socialization skills so much quicker. They learn to make friends, be kind, share, etc. I also really like that Renata's daycare is teaching them, not just plopping them in front of the TV all day. The older kids are learning the alphabet and even have homework! I think that is great! These kiddos are going to be well prepared for preschool/kindergarten (if their parents keep up with this stuff at home, of course).

Right now, I'm just waiting until 5:00 when I get to leave work and pick up my baby girl! We have a fun bridal shower/personal shower/summer party tonight with all my favorite girlfriends (even though some will be missing). I thought about getting E changed into a fun dress for the occassion, but it's much more practical to have her in PJ's so if she falls asleep on the way home, she's already ready already. (O: (Yes I know what I just typed.) I still haven't decided if I'll share her tonight or if I'll keep all the snuggles for myself...but I'll probably share her. You're welcome Jaime! (O:

No comments: