Thursday, June 11, 2009

Victory, Thy Name is 'New Shirt for Alyssa's Wedding"!

Woot woot! I *FINALLY* found a shirt that will work for Alyssa's wedding (and all other weddings I have to attend this summer)! This was my delimma- I didn't want to purchase a new dress to wear because it would prove to be problematic with feeding Emilia. So, I opted for a pair of nice black capri pants and set out to find a cute top to go with them...what an ordeal! I thought I found a couple a few weeks back, but Jason didn't like one of them and the other wasn't quite dressy enough. I kept it for when I coordinate weddings, but wanted something cuter for weddings I was attending as a guest.

So last night I skipped out early from VBS because Grammy had Emilia. I figured it was the perfect time to squeeze in a little shopping- it's always easier without my 11 pound princess. I went to JC Penney's on Jaime's recommendation and she was right- there were plenty of cute tops to choose from! At first I had some trouble, nothing was fitting quite right (stupid extra preggo belly still hanging around....) But then, it happened!

I had grabbed this dress that has black, blues and greens in a pretty swirly/big flower print design (it's cuter than I described, I promise). I thought that if it fit well, I could have my mom crop it into a top. It is great! I'm really excited, even Jason liked it! And the colors will coordinate with his suit! Yes yes, I know we're dorks. But, we like our outfits to at least be in the same color family. (O:

Now I just have to ask my mom to fix up the top and hope she can do it before the 27th!

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

woo-hoo!!!told you they had some great stuff. and so clever to have your mom alter a dress. don't know what took you so long to think of that! see you tonight!