Friday, June 19, 2009

Thank you Lord, for baby smiles!

This morning on our way to daycare, I looked back and caught Emilia playing with some toys we have hanging from her carseat handle. As I peeked in on her playtime, I watched her smile and I realized how her smiles can make everything better! She has just started to smile when she plays with things and it was so fun to watch!

I love how she smiles when I wake her up in the morning. She closes her eyes so tightly when I first turn on her light, but as soon as she hears me say "Good Morning Emilia", her whole face lights up because she knows her Momma's voice. Those mornings when I wish I was still in bed, that smile brightens my face and I'm ready for the day!

I love how she smiles and coos at her mobile. She loves to lay and watch the funny colored animals go around in circles above her head. The orange animal is her favorite. She smiles at him the most. (O:

I love how she smiles in anticipation of tickles and kisses. This is pretty new too. Jason loves to give her lots of kisses on her cheeks. He will start out far away and zoom in to steal all the kisses. Just recently, she's started smiling and talking as he's moving back and zooming in, like she knows they are coming and she's excited. It's the same smile she gives when we kiss her cute little feet. (Shocking that I'm kissing yet, I know!)

I love the smile she gets when you first start peeling off her clothes for a diaper change or bathtime. This girl loves to be naked! She just kicks and talks and smiles. Then, after a diaper change, I'll stand her up and she gets a big open-mouthed smile and starts cooing and talking to me. I love it!

Oh, and I, of course, love the smile she has after filling up her diaper or passing gas! I have an extra funny memory in my head after last night- Jason had undressed her for bathtime and was holding her over the sink, giving her lots of kisses. She loves to "sit" on his chest: bottom on his chest with her legs and feet going up towards his neck. Well, last night she started smiling and Jason felt his chest getting warmer...he starts laughing because she is peeing on him! Then, it takes a smelly turn- she pooped on him too!! She's just smiling at him and he's laughing and telling me to help! I run and get the wipes, hold Emilia while he peels his shirt off and wipes her off. All the while, she's grinning so big. At least she felt better! (O:

So, thank you Lord, for blessing my life with such an unbelievable gift. I never knew someone so small could lift my spirits just by being her happy, little self.

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

sweet... adn HILARIOUS!!!! i've been pooped and peed on but not because i had a naked baby sitting on me!!!!! how funny!