Thursday, June 25, 2009

What are people thinking??

Last night, after VBS, Emilia and I went to Target to try and find a new sundress for me to wear to Alyssa's wedding...it did not go well. In case I forget to mention, I didn't find anything that looked decent (darn post-baby body!!)

So, I had 9 dresses that I wanted to try on. I can only take 6 into the room with me, so I leave 3 with the dressing room attendant. Let's call her, Betty. After dress #4, Emilia starts getting fussy (she was fighting sleep...always fun!) So, I'm still in dress #4, I take Emilia out of her carseat to try and rock her to sleep. While doing so, I grab the first 3 dresses that brought attention to the areas I'd like to hide to change out for the last 3 with Betty.

I walk out there, Emilia spits out her pacifier and starts fussing some more. Betty starts cooing about how cute she is (which, she is, so I'll give her that!) Then she starts fluffing all over Emilia's head and touching her little feet. I'm trying to back away slowly before she reaches to hold her hand (I don't know what diseases this lady might be carrying!) (I'd also like to point out how annoyed I got by this stranger rubbing my baby's head...I have a hard enough time keeping it from looking oily without your help!!) Well, Betty doesn't take the hint...Emilia's getting louder as I walk back towards my dressing room...Betty follows me INTO MY DRESSING ROOM saying 'Oh here, let me hold her. I'll calm her down" (WHAT???) I just say "That's alright" as politely as I can. Betty says, "Oh OK. She just wants her Mommy. Is it a boy or a girl? Oh a girl, I see all the pink." All this time I'm slowly shutting the door to my room and she's just BARELY out of the way. She KEEPS talking to me once I shut it telling my how cute she is.

Now, I'm really not good at telling people no about stuff like that, but this lady really got to me! I'm sure she was just trying to be nice, friendly and helpful. But, did she really expect me to just hand over my 3 month old baby without batting an eye?? I guess maybe there are people out there that are more open to free-love-everyone-let's-hug-and-be-friends-I'll-hold-your-baby-while-you-try-on-dresses...but it's not me! I want to hold my own baby, please go away.

Ugh, I just worked myself up all over again.

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

hahahaha!!! welcome to the world of having cute babies!

(and people still pet jax's head!!!! i know it's the curls... it's like a magnetic force they just can't fight... but HANDS off! Don't touch my kid if I don't know you and seriously, i have a hard enough time trying to control the frizz factor)