Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gearing up...

For a GREAT weekend!


I know it's going to FLY by, but I'm super stoked about this weekend. Lots of fun stuff going on!


Tomorrow, Emilia and I are spending all day with my Momma. Now, ordinarily I wouldn't be as excited about this...not because I don't love my Mom very much, but because we really don't have that much in common. So, usually we run out of stuff to talk about and don't really have anything we both enjoy doing. But, tomorrow we'll be sewing all day- something she loves and I always need her help with. I'm still working on Jason's quilt...hoping to have it done by his birthday. She's been helping me with the design and I'm having to use her sewing machine, seeing as I don't own one... Tomorrow, I will probably spend most of the day sewing together the blocks we cut and laid out during our last sewing day. She thinks I'll be able to get the whole top put together tomorrow, that would be great! Oh, and Grandma and Emilia gets lots of cuddle time on sewing days. (O:


Then, Saturday is a busy busy day! Yay 4th of July! We're having a pool party/30th birthday party for Jason and his cousins (who are also turning 30 this summer). That starts at noon. Before that, I've got to pick up the cakes (one for all the 30-year-olds and one for their parents that says 'Congrats on 30 years of wrinkles and gray hair!' Haha, thanks for you help with that one Jaime!) (O: I also have to pick up ice cream and a steak for Jason to grill for dinner. Jaime, Jax and I will be eating hot dogs because everyone else is eating fried fish...It's going to be such a great day! I'm really excited that Jaime and Jax get to come play. There will be lots of Jaxon-aged cousins to help keep him occupied and maybe even wear him out! I'm also very excited that so much of the Warren clan is able to make it! More than I had expected, which is awesome. I love when the family all gets together. Even my soon-to-be-cousin, Jenna is going to stop by. Her fiance (Jason's cousin), James, has to work, so we didn't think she'd come. But, she is! I'm so glad because I really like her. She's really sweet and laid back. I'm enjoying getting to know her. The fireworks are that night, of course. This should be interesting...Emilia's first experience with loud booming noises during bedtime...we will see how it goes! (She does have the cutest outfit ready to wear for the day, I'm so excited! haha) (O:


Hopefully Sunday will be a rest day for our little family...I know we'll need it after a jam-packed weekend full of fun! (O:


I hope all of you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend as well! (O:

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

thanks for the dogs... see you saturday! (i'm already stressing. freak.)