Thursday, March 11, 2010

Naked for Easter

Today, my plans for my lunch hour were to run to Target for a return and then shop for an Easter dress. I had already looked online, so I had an idea of what I wanted. I grabbed up a couple that were cute and headed to the dressing room…

This is the little beauty I knew I loved before I even tried it on.

This was the only dress that I didn’t even check the price tag before grabbing it up (don’t worry, it was only $40- same as all the rest of them pretty much). Anyway, I grabbed the last size 16 and looked for a size 14, in case the 16 was a little baggy. No 14. Well, let’s just hope this one will fit. It was HUGE! (Side note- of course, this is awesome because it means I was too small for a size 16!!)

So, I kindly asked the dressing room attendant to check the other stores for either a 14 or a 12(thought I could maybe squeeze into it and just not eat for a week or so!). While she scanned the item, called other locations, etc., I couldn’t help but notice her AH.MAZ.ZING booby tattoo…she had two eyes and the words “All eyes on me”. That’s “Really Nice”.

Anyway, no luck for Annie. No stores in our area had Either size. MAN! I knew this dress was too perfect to be true. The color was beautiful, the cut was nice and it made me feel pretty.

It only gets worse- I thought I would just bite the bullet and order the dress in both sizes online, then return whichever didn’t fit. They don’t even HAVE it on there anymore!!! They have it in lilac and in black. I don’t need any more black dresses and I’m not crazy about purple.

I know this post is not fun, encouraging or uplifting, whatsoever…but I just needed to share my misfortune with someone. I am sorry it had to be you. So, that is it. That is why I will be naked for Easter. (No, I'm not really this pathetic- I'm sure another dress will come along...it just stinks that I found the "one" and don't get to wear it!)

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

that totally sucks.
{i'm left trying to find a dress for my brothers wedding. and i'm trying to stay away from target b/c i assume that is where most people attending will find a dress (or wal-mart / k-mart). no such luck. i might go shopping in the closets of friends.... }

dress shopping bites. never fun.

elise said...

booo:O(
hopefully we will all soon be at the point where we can go in and pick any dress and it looks ravishing on us!
maybe you can find something similar in the same color?