Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reading AND Dreaming??

These are two things I rarely (if ever) do.

Most of you probably already know that I am NOT a reader. The closest I come to reading is picking up the occasional gossip magazine, and that is usually only when one of my favorite people happens to be on the cover. I’ll pick up Jennifer Aniston every time. Aside from that, I have never really cared for reading as a hobby…I think it is mostly because I have a short attention span and would end up having to read each page at least a couple times before I could remember anything. (annoying.)

Recently, this changed. My friend (and now coworker) LeeAnn was telling me how she was so excited to read “The Last Song” before the movie came out. Well, I had watched the commercials for the movie and (aside from wishing someone other than Miley Cyrus was the lead actress), I really wanted to see it. So, that is when an idea was born! Why not give this “reading” thing another shot? Jason seemed rather excited for me to be actually saying the words “I think I want to read a book…” So, he made sure to point it out the next time we were at Target. $6.99 special, not bad.

I have to say, I am actually enjoying this! Instead of sitting mindless in front of the TV for an hour or two before bed, I find myself anxiously waiting until I go upstairs to pick up with the story again. I am still a little slow (as far as reading is concerned), but I am truly enjoying it. The book is *really* good! It is a sweet little love story. Completely predictable (so far), but what love story isn’t? Boy meets girl, girl either loves him or hates him, and eventually they re-love each other. The end, *tear*. (Don’t get me wrong, I am eating this UP! I don’t care how predictable parts of it are)…and I have no idea how the last 100 pages are going to go…I’m so excited to see what happens (although I’m pretty scared it won’t be a happy ending)

And the more I read about Miley’s character (Ronnie), the more I can see exactly why she was cast. Ronnie is spunky and full of personality, as is Miley. So, I think that is another great benefit to reading the book first- now I won’t be sitting there, watching the movie, the whole time thinking that I don’t really like her for this role.

So, I’ll be sure to let you know how I like it once I’m done…I am *hoping* I can finish it tonight…but Jason and Justin are playing in an alumni volleyball game…so we shall see.

If you remember my subject line (from so long ago….geezo, I am long winded!!), it says reading AND dreaming. That’s right, I am also dreaming now! What?? I haven’t really dreamt since I had Emilia, and before my pregnancy, I wasn’t really dreamer either. I really like my dreamless sleep, it’s so nice and relaxing, and I don’t feel exhausted when I wake up. But ever since I started reading before bedtime, I dream Every.Night. Some nights aren’t so bad…but last night wore me out!! Of course, I can’t remember anything from my dreams, except that I wake up several times a night, tossing and turning and completely engrossed in whatever is happening in dreamland. It is nuts! Good thing I’m not reading a suspense thriller book or a murder mystery…who knows what that would do to me!

1 comment:

elise said...

how exciting that you are reading!!
it's really relaxing, i think. i feel better after reading than i do after watching tv.
but i do dream A LOT!
lol. i may have to borrow it after you're done... i had never heard of it:O)