Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Little Joys...

One of my favorite things about myself (sorry if that sounds self-centered) is how easily I find joy and entertainment, even in the smallest of things. I sincerely consider it a blessing that the smallest thing can brighten my day or change my mood. I am also easily excitable. I love this very much! This morning, while getting ready for my day, I kept having new thoughts pop into my head and I was getting more and more excited and joyful!

First, today is Tuesday! Even though I always say I don’t like Tuesdays because I don’t think I look good in my olive scrub top (Superficial, yes. Honest, also yes.), there are a bunch of things I am excited for today. We have our Tuesday running group tonight!! I am so glad this seems to be sticking for us. (We can sometimes tend to be a group that starts something and doesn’t keep up with it for very long…) Last week I was pumped- hoping to run at least 2 miles. Sadly, I made it only one mile before giving in to the cold and my heavy legs. I was a little disappointed, but also tried to encourage myself because I haven’t been running much lately. So, how could I expect to just pick right back up? But THEN (!!), this past Saturday, I blew myself away! My hubby went running with me at the park near our home and I smoked my old PR by 6 minutes! We ran a full 3.1 miles in 38:00! Woo!! So, I am excited to get out there tonight and push myself, since I KNOW I can do it. I need to give myself an extra boost of encouragement and discipline because I have a race this Sunday!

Along with my love of our running group comes my next small excitement! Tie Dye T-Shirts!! Most of our small group is running together in a 5k in April, as part of the GO! St. Louis weekend. So, we decided it would be super fun to have matching shirts made for the event! (Can I just say how much I L.O.V.E. matching tshirts!!) I actually remembered to bring them this morning, so I can distribute them tonight! They are awesomely tie dye! Hot pink and yellow, with navy letters that say “You don’t have to be fast…you just have to be movin’!! -Jon Gibson”. This is the perfect quote for our group right now because we have runners of all different speeds and levels. Also, I think it’s super funny that we have the quote of one of our (Jaime’s) husbands! The best part is, the dots over the i’s are little hearts and instead of a dash before Jon’s name, it’s another heart. So it looks like we really love Jon. And if you know Jon, you know he isn’t exactly the lovey dovey, hearts and flowers kind of guy! Hahaha. I’ll make sure to post a picture of our group whenever we all have our new shirts on! (O:

On to my scale…it said 182 this morning!! While this isn’t exactly a weight to be proud of, nor excited over, I am. I am excited because that is down 3 pounds from this time last week! I know my weight tends to fluctuate a bit, but it’s the small victories that keep me going! (O:

Now…Let’s talk hair! None of you know this (except Elise), but I haven’t been styling my hair so far this week. With Emilia waking up several times at night and just not doing well right now, I am getting less sleep. This leads to my daily decision to reset my alarm for a later time. In turn, I don’t have enough time to fix my hair before E wakes up and it’s time to go. Something about working at a doctor’s office and wearing scrubs every day makes it easier to “let one’s self go”, so to speak. There are mornings where I really don’t care if my hair is done or if I have makeup on, because, let’s face it, no one will know anyway. No one has to see me except my officemates, who look about the same as I do. But, that wasn’t the point of this JOY. I was feeling poopy this morning about not fixing my hair for the second day in a row…because I just figured it looked messy and people could tell I was just being lazy. Enter, ELISE! She paid me a very nice complement on my hair this morning, with no prodding from me at all. She said she actually thinks it looks cute, kinda wavy, etc. Yay for not being as big of a slob as I thought!! (O: (Thanks again Elise, you made my morning!) (O:

Lastly, in one short hour I will be picking up the invitations for Emilia’s 1st Birthday Party from Walmart!! I had a friend, Chrissy @ Christina Studio Designs create these adorable invitations based off something we found online and I love them! They are perfect and I am so excited to get them shipped out. If you ever need anything created, Chrissy is your gal! (She also has a great etsy site with so many cute cards, etc.)

So, that is where I am at so far today. It’s going to be a great day!

6 comments:

Jaime G. said...

your post made me excited and happy. yippee!
you go girl! 182 and shrinking!!!!

elise said...

hahaha.
way to go on loosing weight!
i need some of your motivation:O(
the t-shirts sound awesome!
and i really meant it about your hair!
it was natural and pretty:O)

Erin* said...

Yay!! I Love stories like this b/c I'm the Exact same way & it makes me smile to think that someone else loves the lil' things as well!! :)

Erin* said...

Yay, it worked!!! I remembered my password & I'm actually Logged in to the Blogging world once again!! ha ha :)

Devan said...

Way to go on all things but especially on the 3 miles! Encourages me because I also have not been running but just know I could do it if I just started out with the right attitude!! Way to go friend!

annie said...

Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies! It is so fun to actually have comments on my blog! (haha)

Hope you all are having lovely nights! (O: