Friday, February 26, 2010

Freedom Friday!

I didn't go to work today. I had a good excuse. I AM FREE!!!

Honestly though, my morning did not start out well at all. I had all my running gear set out and my alarm set for 3:57a.m. I was going to run, shower, get ready for work, etc. Well, instead I was awoken around 3a.m. to my little girl, crying hard. I knew that meant she probably filled her diaper with more runny poo and it was hurting her sore bottom. So I changed her, gave her a bottle (because when she wakes up between 3or4, she is hungry and won't sleep without eating...) and put her back to bed.

40 minutes later, I heard her again. Same cry, same poo. Only this time she was pretty much hysterical. She didn't want to lay down, she didn't want to sit up, nothing helped. So, I had a new clean diaper underneath her and was letting her sit there for a minute to dry off before I lathered her up with aquaphor and put her diaper on. Then the flood gates opened and she threw up Everywhere! All over me, all over her, the changing table...everywhere! Then, she was just sitting there in her own throw up, crying. I almost didn't know what to try and do first.

So, I just grabbed her towel, carted her into the bathroom and hosed her off. Came back into her room, stripped the changing table cover off and laid her on her towel. After getting her into new pj's, we rocked and cuddled for a while. It was really nice, even if I would have rather been fast asleep.

That is when I decided we would be staying home today. I didn't know how much of this would continue throughout the day, and I definitely didn't want to leave that mess with Elise. That wouldn't have been very kind. She has actually gotten a little better, except for the dirty diapers which are still bad. But, still, didn't want to chance anything.

And even though my reason for having to stay home wasn't great, I am so glad to be here! We put away laundry, vacuumed, played, and are just having a great day! I am free from work until Monday and I am free to do whatever I please with my family! (O:

Here's a picture of E, playing in her room (O: Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Devan said...

Even though I see her often she looks bigger EVERY time I see her. Precious little girl.

elise said...

for some reason it didn't keep my last comment!
i said:
thanks for playing it safe:O)
and she looks so grown up in that picture!
what a sweetie:O)