Friday, February 5, 2010

God's Many Blessings

You know when you let something go for way too long, and then it is too hard to try and catch back up? That is where I am at with this blog. I let it go to the way-side for months, through the holidays mostly and now it is February and I still have no posts to show for it. I kept thinking about all the things I needed to catch everyone up on. But, most of you already know the daily happenings of my life (the perks of most of my readers being my best friends/baby-sitter/work e-mail buddy/etc.) And those of you who read this who are not part of my daily life, I promise, you are not missing much at all!

I have been mulling it over in my mind for a couple weeks now how I would go about getting back into blog world. I still maintain that my life has nothing out of the ordinary or overly-intriguing to share with anyone, but I am working on self-reflection and taking time to think about how God is working in my life every day. So, tonight as I sat here, sorting/cleaning/folding 3 weeks worth of laundry, I started thinking about how amazing our God is and how immensely He has blessed my life. I am going to take a few moments tonight, on my first blog of the New Year (a little late coming, I know) and share with you some of the biggest blessings in my life. I hope this post will encourage you to take inventory of your own life and that we can all stop for a moment to thank our Creator for truly caring about us on a personal level and loving us enough to give to us generously.

God has blessed me with a perfect family. While we are not perfect individually, and we ALL have bad days, together- we are perfect. I thank God every day for my wonderful husband, who, through all his flaws (real and exaggerated in my own head at times), supports me fully, loves me unconditionally and is working his hardest to provide a great life for us. He is an amazing father and is my best friend. God brought us together at a point in both of our lives where we knew we needed to get things back on track, and through each other we were able to do so. We have made each other better people. Of course, the most recent blessing in my life is my daughter, Emilia. I smile every time I think about her. She has spunk, gumption and no inside voice. She will be 10 months old this coming Sunday, I cannot believe that! She has taught me patience I never thought possible, helped me laugh and smile more often than before, and breaks my heart in the best way possible.

God has also blessed me with the most amazing friends. I think if I could have made up lists of all the qualities of a best friend, or of several best friends, I would never have close to describing all the fabulous qualities that my friends possess. Every single one of them is a gift from God because they each mean something different to me and we connect on different levels. I have friends that I have know for (what seems like) forever, friends that I am just now getting to know, friends I know I can turn to at any moment with any situation, friends who always make me laugh. I have favorite friends to hug, make goofy faces at, make laugh, quote TV shows and movies with, the list goes on!

I am blessed through my life experiences in ways I never would have guessed. My mother is a pillar of strength that I continually look to for wisdom, courage and encouragement. She got us through some rough years and all the while, raised us up to fear the Lord. I know, by looking at her and where she came from to where she is now, that I can do all things through Christ. My life experiences prepared me for all the situations I have ever found myself in. I am thankful for all these things, even the times that hurt- for they were all for God's glory.

I am blessed because my God has a plan for our lives. While we are still waiting to find out what the next step of the plan is, I know He is in control. It truly is a blessing to "Let Go and Let God". I am not worried about what tomorrow holds, or where we may end up moving for Jason to work in a church. I know God will provide and I am super excited to see what He has planned for us. I am, of course, scared to leave my home. I have grown up with some super amazing people and have lived in the same area for nearly 17 years. It is hard for me to imagine my life without my friends and family only across town. It is hard to imagine not seeing all my favorite people every Sunday at church, or spending time with them at Small Group, girls nights, date nights, etc. But, those fears are so faint compared to the excitement and passion I feel for following God's calling.

As you can see, I am a very blessed person! Not because of anything I have done, and definitely not because I deserve any of it. All of this is because I serve an Awesome, Loving, Compassionate, Tender, Gracious, Forgiving, Generous God!

Who is the God you serve? I would love to hear how God is blessing your lives!

3 comments:

elise said...

So glad you are back!!
i almost tagged you in my Bogart Award but i didn't think you were blogging:O)
this was a great post!

Keelie said...

Major comeback!! Great post.

Devan said...

A wonderful first post of the New Year. I have so many of the same blessings in my life that you do. And although they are all amazing, I think the one I fail to appreciate the most is the Christian leadership I received from my parents. It's so huge to be raised in a Christian home. Thank you for the reminder friend.