Friday, February 19, 2010

Project Weekend!

With Emilia's birthday and birthday party creeping up on me (only a little more than a month away!!), I really need to get crackin' on all the wonderful ideas I have swirling in my head. This weekend will be the first Project Weekend, with many more to come!

First up for this weekend, a birthday shirt for Emilia. I spent some time googling different party ideas a while back and came across this great website (http://www.polkadotbirthday.com/). Awesome website with oodles of great ideas! This lady also has another great website (http://www.isaiah43project.com/). I really love what this project is all about. I have seen other shirts like hers with kids names on them, but I liked being able to link it to Scripture and putting a message of God behind it. So, that is when I decided to make Emilia a shirt like this for her birthday party! (O: I'm going to the fabric store after work to pick out the perfect fabrics and then tomorrow is a sewing day at my Momma's house to get 'er done! I am so excited I could pee!! I'll make sure to post a picture of the finished product. (O:

The second product goes along with the birthday shirt...a TUTU! Last month I made a tutu for my best friend Jessca's 3 year old daughter Brooklynn's birthday. I was nervous because I had never done anything like that before. But, luckily for me, there are plenty of good tutorials (on just about anything!) out there, so I survived. It turned out really sweet and sealed the deal on making one for Emilia too. (O: I will be picking up the tulle for E's tutu today also and will probably start on it this weekend and maybe finish at our Girls Night on Tuesday! Woo!! (O:

Here's a picture my friend Elise snapped at the bday party of Brook with her tutu (Thanks Elise!) (O: (It was a dress up party...that's why Brook is in an even fluffier dress than her new tutu)


Third, polka-dotting plates and cups! Originally, I had priced out what pink and orange plates, cups, napkins, etc. would cost and had planned on biting the bullet to purchase them all. Then, I had an epiphany in Target...why not just get white plates with wide edges, find some paint daubers and polka dot my own plate edges?! So, that is exactly what I am going to attempt. This is an experiment and I have no idea how successful it will be (I came up with this one on my own...no google...aren't you proud??) But, if it works, it will have saved me about $20 in plates and cups. If not, that is OK too. I'll let you know when I find out! (O:

And one project on Jason's list (if I can convince him to get it over with instead of waiting until the last minute...)- spray painting the white baskets orange. The centerpieces of the party tables are pink and (will be) orange baskets with sugar cookies on sticks in them (standing up by the help of potting styrofoam).

And yes, I realize this party is waaaaay beyond "precious" at this point and is on its way to over-the-top. But, it's her 1st birthday party and we don't plan on throwing on every year, so I'm making this one big!

I hope you all have some creative things happening this weekend! (O:

1 comment:

elise said...

wooo hooo!
it will be an event to remember:O)
and i will need your quilt expertise! just wait, you'll be sorry you offered your help;O)
(and the shirt is an AWESOME idea)