Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ugh is the word of the day.

I just want to say that I have been really excited about blogging lately. I have even stopped to jot down some thoughts for future posts once or twice (I have an awful memory and jotting notes it the only way I accomplish anything). I have been so glad to see comments from all of you, my friends. It has helped encourage me to keep up with this, once again. I even saw my friend Jaime last night, rocking the scarf look. Yes, I'm jealous.

Anyway, none of these things are lifting my spirits today. Emilia has been fighting this cold, or whatever it is, since Wednesday and the cold is winning the fight. Today has been to worst so far. Our day started at about 3:30 a.m. She has thrown up twice- like, spit up but gobs of it, mixed with snot and drainage...there's a lovely mental picture for ya. I'm pretty sure I still smell like throw up, even though I'm in different clothes. She hasn't napped all day. In fact, I hear her now...we thought she might nap this afternoon...we made it 30 minutes. (She must have just been rolling over, because it's quiet again).

I don't know why I'm typing about this, it's not like I'm even complaining. I know everyday isn't sunshine and rainbows with kids. And I consider myself extremely lucky and blessed because Emilia (when she isn't sick) is an absolutely wonderful little girl. She is joyful and fun, sweet and lovable. I guess I am just tired and felt like I should post something since it has been a couple days. Probably should have thought of something a little more happy, hm? Sorry to anyone that wasted time reading this. I promise to do better next time.

No comments: