Monday, February 8, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

Whew! Whoever thought traveling to 2 churches in 2 days for 2 separate interviews was a smart idea might need to have their head examined! But, that is what my last 2 days consisted of....that plus a 3 year old's birthday party and a super bowl party. Needless to say, I am exhausted.

While I did not enjoy being worn out and crabby today at work, it was well worth it for all the fun that was had. Both churches seem interested in Jason and we would be happy at either. He should hear back from them within the next couple weeks to see if they want to continue the interview process with him. Finally! We are moving forward!! (O:

Saturday, we got back into town around 2:30 (did I mention these churches were 1:30-2 hours away? Not bad at all, but still..makes for a long day in the van with a 10 month old!) We went directly to my friend Jessca's daughter Brooklynn's 3rd birthday party. It was a dress up theme and it was so cute! If I could get the SD card from the camera to cooperate with the computer, I would show you some pictures of the super fun tutu I made for her! But, alas, I fought technology, and technology won. Maybe another day.

Sunday, we got back about 3:00. Just enough time for Jason to nap for a little bit before going to pick up our snacks and head to the party. Jason insisted that we order 100 toasted ravioli instead of just 50, as I suggested. He kept saying that last year, they 50 we brought were gone too quickly and we should bring more. I conceded, only because he promised to call me out on it if we did, in fact, run out of them. I am a SUCKER. We had at least half of them left by the end of the night, and now I have 50ish toasted ravioli(s?) sitting in my refrigerator. Don't get me wrong, I love them enough to eat them for breakfast this morning (cold on the way to work) and again for dinner (reheated in the oven). But, come on man! I should have listened to my gut (figurative and literally) and only ordered 50. I learned my lesson. Anywho, the party was fun. The men were in the living room engrossed in the game and all the girls were in the kitchen chatting, playing fun games (that I STILL don't know all the rules to!! Margo, Jaime, Erin- I KNOW you're reading this!) (O: It has been a while since our whole fun-loving group has hung out together and it was a great time.

So, all in all, being worn out and crabby at work today was worth it...at least as far as I am concerned...my office mate may have a different opinion! (O:

Here's to a great tomorrow! (O:

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, girlie! It sounds like you have been quite the busy bee! I don't know how you do it all! :)

Jillian said...

I hope something wonderful works out for you guys :)
and I'm glad to see that you're back blogging!

Jaime G. said...

whoo-hoo! okay, yeah, that was pretty busy. but i had SO much fun at the Super Bowl party. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a super bowl party. it was great!