Thursday, April 8, 2010

525,600 Minutes!

A year ago today I was sitting in a hospital bed cuddling my newborn baby girl. She was only one day old and she had already stolen my heart. We celebrated Emilia’s first birthday yesterday and I couldn’t stop thinking about this past year of my life and how much we have all changed.

I suffered from mild PPD right after E was born, so most of my earliest thoughts weren’t too cheery. I thought “What have I gotten myself into??”, “I can’t do this, I won’t be a good mother”, etc. Right. Not happy thoughts. I’m sure most first-time mothers have some of these thoughts, if ever so fleeting. But, I remember even once we got home, I still wasn’t completely convinced that I was going to be able to handle it all.

Fast forward a year to today, or yesterday actually. Now, I could not imagine life without my funny, smiley, courageous, friendly little girl. She loves to laugh and to make others laugh. She gives the world’s best hugs and kisses (even when they are more like licks…) She will shake her groove thang to any beat, at any time. She is independent. She loves to read (or at least look at books, that is). She says gack instead of quack. (haha, that’s new and I love it!) She is stubborn and fiery and won’t do anything you want her to- even though she knows how. She is a brute and isn’t scared of anything. Last night, for instance, she was climbing in her baby bouncer (which we keep out for cousin Law), she leaned forward too far and rolled out head first. She got up, laughed and climbed in to do it again. No fear. She loves her family and friends dearly. The happiest moments each day are when she first sees a loved one, or realizes someone she loves is home. She lets out a squeal of excitement and charges off crawling in their direction.

At her birthday party I had a picture collage on the gift table- a picture from each month of her first year of life. I’m sorry in advance if you don’t care about looking through them, but I just can’t believe she is a year old and I love looking back and watching her grow. (O:






Emilia Grace Warren
First Smile (O:
April 2009, Newborn





Emilia on her first day of Daycare, May 2009




June 2009, 2 months






Emilia at her first wedding, July 2009, 3 Months





August 2009, 4 Months



September 2009, 5 Months



October 2009, 6 Months




November 2009, 7 Months

(Taking pictures for Christmas cards...obviously!)




Emilia's First Christmas!
December 2009, 8 Months





January 2010, 9 Months




February 2010, 10 Months





First Spaghetti Experience (O:

March 2010, 11 Months




Emilia Grace Warren

April 2010, ONE YEAR OLD! (O:She was more interested in reading this book

than taking a Birthday Picture, as you can see...That's my girl! (O:

3 comments:

jodie said...

She is so cute! I cant believe she is already one. You are a great mom, and this time next year you will be blogging about your first year as a stay at home mom. It will be amazing :)

elise said...

crazy how fast it goes!
she's so funny and such a spitfire:O)
i really enjoyed the pictures, imagine how many more you will have now that you are staying home with her everyday!

Devan said...

adorable pictures. she really is a very precious little girl. :)