Monday, April 26, 2010

Not quite settled...

Hello friends! (And Woah! Hello new friends, I'm glad to see you here. Please introduce yourself, I would love to meet ya!) (O:

I know I've been completely silent for almost a week...and I am sorry. I'm still working on balancing stay-at-home-Momma duties with wifey duties and unpacking, organizing, living, eating, showering, and me time (somewhere in there!) But, I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed as I did last week...and I haven't cried any(more). Only once last week.

I think I didn't prepare myself enough for how vastly different my life out here in the country would be. Yes, I knew it would be different, but how can one understand HOW different when this world is completely opposite of everything I once considered normal?? I really do like it here and I am starting to work through missing all the comforts of my old "home".

One perk- more lists! We have a little notepad up on our fridge once again...because there is no "running to the store" anymore. Each trip needs to be planned and made the most of. So, we keep a running list of things we need- groceries, Emilia-proofing items, a new iron, etc. That way, when we head into Town to The Walmart, we *hopefully* won't forget anything. The trick is to REMEMBER THE LIST...we have already forgotten it twice I think when going to The Walmart. Oh well, it just gives me a chance to look forward to getting out again relatively soon. (O:

Oh, and I now make a daily trip to the Post Office...where I've already had one package returned to sender because it was made out to my Real First Name and my Maiden Last Name...whoopsie! Probably should have warned the Post Office Lady about my E-Bay addiction and the fact that I still haven't changed it over to my married name...but Come on! E-Bay wants you to send them a copy of your marriage certificate and fill out some form...Seriously?? I don't really find that necessary when everyone else will do it without. So, I'll just be a pain in everyone's side. Haha.

Well, like I said- I'm boring right now. I am sorry for wasting your time on this post...I promise to make my next post one of substance and with at least a somewhat coherent thought process...but until then, Good Night! (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

glad things are slowly getting better for you. and that was extremely boring. do y'all have a little bit of land at the parsonage? maybe you can get chickens. random, i know. but fresh eggs from happy chickens are yummy. and you can compost. adn grow a garden. and maybe a pumpkin patch!!! and have a clothesline!!! (am i getting too tree-hugger-ish for you?)
love you friend!!!!

Devan said...

Sounds like things are going good! I hope it continues to transition well. Miss you friend!