Sunday, April 18, 2010

H-Town, Day 1 Down!

Hi friends!

Today was a crazy, busy, overwhelming, satisfying day. Today was our first full day in our new home and new town and man, was it jam-packed! For the first time in probably a month and a half, we got to sleep in on a Sunday! We had been waking up around 6:00-6:30 a.m. on Sundays in order to be out here by church time. Well, this week was different! Not only has church been pushed back to 9:30 a.m., but we literally live next door now and so we didn't have to add 1.5 hours to our morning schedule. Somehow, we still ended up only getting to church right on time...but next week will hopefully be better (since we now know where towels, soap, etc. are located...)

Service was great, Emilia made it all the way through again (with a little help from some kind ladies sitting near me!) J and I decided before we left this morning that if anyone invited us to lunch this week, we were going to respectfully decline because we needed to get cracking on unpacking and putting junk away (And BOY! Do I mean J-U-N-K!!) Luckily, no one offered so we didn't have to even worry about it...(side note- the only reason we even discussed this is because every week we have been here so far, some one has offered to take us to lunch...it's not that we expect it from them, it has just happened that way so far)

So, we went home, put out work clothes (or PJ's in my case) back on and got to work. My love for unpacking and re-organizing was quickly squashed a little when I realized it is MUCH harder with a busy, curious 1 year old always at my heels....and when she wasn't at my heels I *really* had to worry. (haha). But, we made it for a few hours and then she went down for a nap. I, too, took a short nap. (aaaaah, naps! How I have missed you!!) My mom got here early evening and WHAT A BLESSING!!!! We got about 5times as much done with her following E around as we did before she was here. We almost have the dining room cleared of boxes!

This doesn't mean we are done unpacking...oh no...it merely means we decided to shove all the non-essentials into storage for now (and by storage I mean one of the unused Sunday school rooms at the church bc we don't have a garage yet...) We felt it best to get the house into some sort of order- living room, dining room, and kitchen under control and then I can bring a couple boxes back over at a time and decide whether to keep, store, sell or pitch. You guys better pencil me in for the beginning of May...H-Town's Community Sale, baby!!! (O:

Anyway, this is the first time I've been on the computer in dAYS (I was starting to get the shakes, haha)...but, I wanted to keep you updated. Thanks for the texts of encouragement...it's nice to hear from you and I'm so thankful you're thinking of me!! (O:

Here are a few "Before" pictures of the house...I mostly took these so the "After" pictures will really WOW you! (O:



The view from inside our front door






Living Room






Living Room leading into Master Bedroom






Where all the magic happens






YAY for double closets!!! (Once we can get to them, that is!)







Hello kitchen that more than one person can fit in at a time!! (O:







Dining Room currently Box Land







Guest Bath- First room to be cleaned and put together, for my lovely mother! (O:








Guest Bedroom (Yes, we took the plastic off the bed for her) (O:








Emilia's Room (Grandma and Emilia playing!)



I hope you all are doing well...I miss everything already, but I can tell I'm going to like it here! More updated to come! (O:

5 comments:

elise said...

how exciting Annie!
been thinking about you:O)
the house looks really nice and can't wait to see how great it is once you have everything in its place!

Jaime G. said...

glad to see things are going well.
and i am completely amazed a tthe amount of stuff you have and the fact that you are putting stuff in storage (even if temporarily).
miss you.

jodie said...

Your house looks amazing! For some reason I had pictured a little old cottage type place, but that looks GREAT! We need some pics of the outside!!! And the church

Erin* said...

How Exciting!! I LOVE your house!! Like Jodie, I was thinking some lil' thing but that looks very spacious!! It's very comforting to know that things are going great for you guys! We all miss you & all can't wait to hear any updates, etc that you guys have. Love you & I can't to hear more. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Glad to hear that things are going well! Miss and love you!
-Margo