Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First and LAST time...

Several weeks ago, my (now ex) co-worker told me about some great deals JC Penney had online. And seeing as I still had a $25 gift card from our work Christmas party, I thought maybe I could find something to spend it on. I found a couple items for me (cute white top, plain white tank top undershirt, AWESOME pink polka dot robe) and even found an awesome deal on some clearance bedding. I ended up spending well over my $25, but I thought they were all worthy items (the robe was for fun, but I've been wanting one forever and this one is adorable!!).

So, I waited....and waited....and checked the tracking information....and waited. Finally, yesterday I called because the tracking info hadn't been updated since April 16th. I know I live in the boonies now with only a PO Box for an address, but come on people! That bedding is for our guest room and who knows when I may have a guest "stop by" (HAHA). The nice man told me something about just cancelling my order and reordering/reshipping. Something about the order being considered lost bc the tracking was never updated. OK, fine. These things happen, and I'm not in any *real* hurry.

Later that day, Jason went to check out mail. He came back with a "Item too big for mailbox" slip, but couldn't pick up whatever it was because the Post Office was closed for lunch. (Yes, we are that small...I'm very glad we actually HAVE a Post Office, but they only have one employee, so you better get there before 11:30 or after 1:00) I went by later in the afternoon to pick up whatever was waiting (I assumed something from Ebay)...but it was a box. Too big for Ebay, but not big enough for my bedding...so now I'm confused.

I get it home and open it. It is EVERY single item I ordered EXCEPT the bedding. There were a bunch of papers in there too...something about there was a loose mailing label floating around without a package and a package without any mailing instructions, so they had to figure it out. My packing slip was still with the items, so I assume that's how they solved that mystery. Everything was marked off except my bedding. And another slip said to contact my Post Master if any items were unaccounted for. Great. (Side note, the box also had the wrong PO Box number on it and a special little note from my postal worker, Sue, asking to please inform my sender of the correct number to avoid possible return of package in the future...apparently she runs into this a lot because it was a preprinted note. AND, my packing slip HAD the right number...whoever matched my items to my mailing label wrote the wrong number down! I just hate looking stupid.)

So, what do I do first? Now I have to call JC Penney Back Again and explain this fiasco. I also have to talk to Sue and find out what to do about the bedding part of the whole ordeal. I guess I'll talk to Sue when I get our mail this morning and go from there. But come on! All this for some bedding?? Ugh.

But hey! At least it's something to blog about (haha, I'm so boring still!)

Hope your day is less annoying than mine. (O:

3 comments:

Jaime G. said...

I love that you know Sue's name. IT's cute thatt you know your postal worker. But Sue may end up disliking you very much because of your online shopping habits.
*I'm very excited to one day use your new bedding! One day.

jodie said...

I dont think I ever went to the post office in st elmo. It had such weird hit or miss hours I just couldn't figure it out. Hope you get your bedding soon!!

annie said...

We don't have a mailbox at our house, so I have to go to the Post Office every day to check our mail...it's not so bad though, it is a nice reason to get out of the house and talk a quick walk. (Round trip is literally 10 minutes...gotta love a small town!)