Monday, January 19, 2009

So many clothes!

I just wanted to share how much God has truly blessed Jason and I. I am realizing it more each and everyday!

Last Friday, I went to my mother-in-law, Treasa's house after work because a girl she works with had given her a bin of baby clothes for us. Jenny's little girl was born May 2008, so she's almost exactly a year ahead of our Emilia. Which means that all the clothes she gave us were the right size for the right season- yay! Oh, and when I say "all" the clothes...that's because she gave us almost everything that girl has ever worn! Apparently, she tried to have a yard sale this past summer, but it didn't go well at all. So, she had literally the entire wardrobe of 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes left and she wanted to get rid of everything! I went from having roughly 10 onesies for size 0-3 to now having almost 30 (NO JOKE!) She had lots of cute pants and shorts as well- thank goodness because that's one of the things I had none of yet. And let me tell you about the dresses...oh, the dresses! I think I could almost say without exaggeration that Emilia could make it almost all summer without wearing the same dress to church twice! They are all precious and adorable. I was just dumbfounded the whole day by the amount of clothing she freely gave. She doesn't want anything for it either and has told Treasa she fully plans to keep doing this. Since her last yard sale didn't go well, she's not messing with that again. Instead, she's just giving everything to us. Can you believe that?? I barely know this girl, and she's just giving me everything. We are so unbelievably blessed! I have her thank you card already out today to write and mail, but I really think I should put a gift card or something in it...I don't think I can fully express how appreciative we are, but I want to do the best I can to get the point across. Everytime I walk in Emilia's room, I just smile when I see all those little dresses all lined up. (O:

Oh, and that's only half of my good luck weekend. Jason's cousin (and mine) from Kentucky brought up a bag of maternity clothes for me to borrow too! Unfortunately, quite a bit of the stuff is already a tad too small, but it was just so thoughtful of her. I was able to pull out a couple pieces- including this cute light-weight, light pink cardigan that I am thinking about wearing to my shower! It was such a nice gesture and was very much appreciated. Again, we aren't exceptionally close, and it just amazes me how people can share of themselves like that.

God has definitely rained down some love on me this weekend. (O:

3 comments:

Jaime G. said...

that is so AWESOME!
oh - potty training is possibly going to be the death of me. we (jax, my & my mom ) have given up and put a pull up on him. it's like he's scared now to go in the potty. he'll be sitting on the potty, then stand up, walk away and go pee. it's frustrating for all involved. so pull-ups and nagging him it will be.

Danielle said...

that was super sweet of her
AND... look at it this way...
less baby laundry for all of the days that you could really use an extra nap! :)

Pam said...

Girl, how blessed can you be :) Its so much fun to dress up little girls.. you will have so many clothes you can change her ten times a day! God is good, All the time! love ya