Friday, January 23, 2009

God is good!

Of course I know this to be true all the time, but right now I especially want to give Him praise for answering prayers!

Thank you Love for answering a prayer that Jason (and I) have been praying for what seems like a very long time! As most of you know, J has been trying to get a job working for a church for many, many months now. He has had a lot of rejections due to the fact that he isn't done with his degree yet. My poor man, it was really wearing him down. And on top of that, I know he is really unhappy at Home Depot right now, so each rejection just adds to his misery.

WELL...his luck might be turning around! At the beginning of December, he got a call from a man named Neil who is an elder at Carlyle Christian Church, in Carlyle, IL. Neil and Jason spoke somewhat briefly about what the church was looking for and Neil told J that they would be calling back to set up a time for us to come out and meet everyone- sort of an informal thing. Of course, Jason was on cloud nine. He was hoping to hear back before the holidays kicked into high gear, but that didn't happen. Through this we have learned that small town churches are slow moving. It's been a great lesson in patience for sure.

It was over a month later before Jason decided to call and check in with Neil. Neil told J he "was getting around to calling" him to set up an informal interview/meet & greet type thing. This was a week ago yesterday and Jason asked if we could come out that Sunday. Neil said he thought that might work, but he would have to call Jason back and let him know. The weekend came and went and Jason started to worry. I did my best to remind him that they are slooooooow moving, so it might not happen for a couple weeks still. I told him if we hadn't heard anything by next week, he could call to check in again.

Well, he didn't have to wait! He got the call last night and we are going out this Sunday!! Neil told J that Sunday School was at 9:00 (wow, how long has it been since I've heard it called that!) and service was at 10:00. He told J that we could come to both or just service, but we decided we will attend both. Jason wants to make a good impression. (O: Then, after service we'll all go out to lunch and then back to the church for the meeting...I think? And Neil made sure to mention that Jason should bring me...so I don't know how much of this I'll be involved in...it makes me nervous, what if I say the wrong thing?? I know this REALLY isn't about me and when I say I'm nervous, I mean that I'm nervous about making a good impression for Jason.

But, above all, we are SO thankful that this is going to the next step finally! (O:

Please keep Jason in your prayers on Sunday, this is a big exciting step for us! (O:

4 comments:

Jaime G. said...

you're a likeabel girl.. no w orries on making a good impression. just don't mention the fish you broke at camp. and hope that the other person isn't there (which, i don't think he will be based on previous conversations that were mentioned).
SO exciting!

Jaime G. said...

dude! i don't know how to spell "likeable"... i think that's right. the other was just a HUGE typo

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

girl, you dont have to worry about saying the right thing, just remember that this is all in God's hands, its his work, and the interview is really just a formality, if this is where God wants you NOTHING can go wrong :)His will be done, and you are already adored by God. Smile that beautiful smile, and stand Beside your man, it will all work out like its sposed too :) Im praying for you guys! Love ya