Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Tae Bo Baby

Emilia had Billy Blanks working overtime last night, that is for sure!

She had me a little worried over the past couple days because she hasn't been quite as active. That's something my doctor has told me to monitor, and if she seems like she isn't as active, I'm supposed to call. But, since I've been down and out with this cold since Thursday, I thought that might have something to do with it. I've been so tired and have been taking Tylenol Cold, so I thought maybe she was just being lazy too. But, yesterday I did start to get a little worried because she wasn't even that active after I ate- which is usually when she goes nuts.

Last night she assured me all is fine and dandy in her world! Whew!

I had a full mental list of things I wanted to get done last night while Jason was at work (until 9:30) and so I was keeping busy. (Which can I just say how impressed I am with myself that I actually remembered my whole list without even writing anything down!!) Usually, she doesn't move around much when I'm up and moving- I read that it's because the constant motion lulls babies to sleep. I got home around 6:00/6:30 after returning the closet organizers to Babies 'R' Us because they were too small. (So sad...) I let Zeke out and played with him for a little while, walked on the treadmill, made a small dinner, did the last day of Bible study and paid bills. I was so proud of myself. Next, I decided it was time to relax on the couch and catch up on my SVU (yes, I'm obsessed and even watch reruns...) And that's when Emilia kicked it into high gear!

I tell you that she was kicking and punching and head banging all at the same time! Every part of my belly was bouncing underneath my quilt! At one point, I pushed the quilt down, pulled my shirt up above my belly and watched as my belly did its own little dance. I couldn't really make out which of her limbs was where, but it was so fun to watch! She continued her high kick, low kick, jab jab jab for a couple hours! It hasn't gotten to the point that it's painful or uncomfortable yet (Thank you Lord!!), so it's just very enjoyable to watch my little girl playing and having fun.

I laid there thinking about how blessed Jason and I are to have this precious gift on her way. I thank God for her all the time because I know she's going to be such a wonderful addition to our family. I can't wait to play with her, teach her how to do things and show her the love of her heavenly father everyday. I know sometimes I let myself get stressed because time has been flying by. And I know it's only going to go by even quicker when she's actually here in our arms, but I'm so looking forward to every moment and memory to come! (O:

3 comments:

Jaime G. said...

okay, so i'm a little weirded out at the image i have in my head of your belly bouncing around with limbs pushing on your tummy. quite a freaky image. i'm sure if jon reads this, he'll get the same image and be very thanksful that he's no where near your baby belly.

Pam said...

thats so cute.. even though its been 12 years I still remember that feeling of awe watching and feeling a another life inside you. Brady was hyper to a great extent.. I dont think my belly ever recovered :)Enjoy it.. I felt so empty inside when I gave birth.. even though they were in my arms.. I missed knowing they were safe and sound inside. sounds wierd I know but I did. Having a child is such a mystery.. such a blessing, and you and Jason are gonna be fantastic parents. Love ya

Jaime G. said...

i tagged you. you have to go to my blog to see.