Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome to Emilia's Room!

After months of planning, painting and rearranging...it's finally ready! I'm sorry the pictures are from kind of awkward angles...the room is rather small, and it's the best I could do. I'll post them in their order around the room. Enjoy! (O:
Directly to the left of the crib is the door to the room.
This (totally awesome) bookshelf is to the right of the crib. (You can see Mr. Giraffe peeking above the crib in the previous picture. Jason thought it would be fun to have lots of different giraffes on top of the bookshelf. Luckily, I already had the picture frame (from college, haha) and the beanie baby from my mom. Clare made the middle giraffe, my personal favorite! Then, there's a little guy you can't really see leaning on the beanie baby. So far so good, we'll see how many more get added over time! (Hopefully Emilia likes giraffes like her Momma!)

This is our FANTABULOUS glider and ottoman!! It's obviously in the corner of the room. The room is a tad too small to actually use the ottoman currently, as I'm sure you can tell...so, we just have it up against the wall, under the window, next to the glider. For now, that will be fine. Someday, whenver we move, we can get more use out of it. (O:

The changing table and dresser are against the wall- these are the first things you see when you are standing in the doorway. I just want to say how much I L.O.V.E the storage boxes on the changing table! They match the bedding and I've already got them jam packed with baby stuff. 1-bibs, 2-hats/headbands/bows, 3-towels/wash cloths, 4-burp cloths I know they might not stay so well organized once the kiddo gets here, but for now, it's glorious! (O: I would also like to add how excited I am about my Diaper Duty Organizer on the dresser. It has compartments for all your stuff! Jason just rolls his eyes, as I'm sure you are, but I'm pretty stoked about it! (O:

Last, but not least- a sneak peek at Emila's closet! Stocked to the brim with dresses and cute little outfits! But, before you freak out on me...3/4 of the top rack are NB and 0-3 month, then the other 1/4 is 3-6 months, as is the second rack. The bottom rack is 6-9 through 24 months. Those are just a few cute ones I couldn't resist and didn't want to pack away then have to iron. (O: Also remember that I was given SO MUCH from friends and family that I didn't have to spend much to have such a wonderful wardrobe. We are so blessed!

I hope you enjoyed your tour! You are welcome to come by and see it in person anytime! (Just let me know before you come so I can straighten up the rest of my house first!) (O:

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I am very impressed by your organization---but you may find a very rebellious and messy child on your hands later---just to balance out her mother who is Sooo organized! haha.

annie said...

I think you're right about that...hopefully I learn to "go with the flow"... or Maybe I can teach her to love organization too! (O:

Pam said...

i will babysit if you come and organize my closets!!! lol.. the room is beautiful .. lots of love and devotion wrapped up in that room!