Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valeversary

Jason came up with that title for Valentine's day years ago, because it is also the day we started dating. I've always thought it was cute and fun to call it our Valeversary and I'm so glad he still does! (O: I don't know if would want me telling people we call it that, because it's always been our little inside thing. So, please don't say anything to him- in case he wouldn't want me sharing our secret. But, I had to tell you because I love it and he still calls it that, which always makes me smile. (O:

This Valeversary was spent at Anderson Hospital in an awful 'Prepared Childbirth' seminar. I'm seriously considering asking for my $25 back, it was that bad. Now, I guess I shouldn't really say that...it's just that Jason and I have both been studying and reading about all of this on our own, so the class really didn't have anything new to teach us. J cracked a bunch of jokes and eventually it was over.

We did get a tour of the 'Pavilion for Women', which I was glad about. The rooms look nice enough- better than regular hospital rooms, that's for sure! Each room is private (yay!), has several extra seats and even a DVD/VCR with the TV. Jason and I decided we'll have to pick out some good movies or seasons of our favorite show to take with us. The other thing they do there which is pretty awesome is put a footprint of each baby on the wall of the 'Pavilion'. You walk down this hallway and it's completely full of little pink and blue foot prints with first names under them. Jason and I were trying to scope out the perfect spot to put Miss Emilia's so we could find it if we are ever back there. (O:

After the class was over, we drove to Babies 'R' Us to pick up our glider and ottoman. Yay!!! Jason put it together when we got home and it looks great and is unbelievably comfortable! As I was finishing up organizing Emilia's room that night, whenever I decided it was time to rest for a few minutes, I'd sit down in that glider and rock myself into relaxation. I don't think I've ever had a chair that I enjoyed as much as this one. I am definitely grateful to my wonderful Momma for purchasing it for us. I'll do a photo blog after this one so you can see the finished room! (O:

Once I started to get hungry I asked Jason what he wanted to do for dinner. I, of course, wanted BBQ. So, he texted Justin and Amy to see if they wanted to get Bandana's with us. I was so excited because Jason doesn't really care for Bandana's, but he didn't even flinch when he said that's where we were going. What a guy! (O: We enjoyed a great dinner with Justin, Amy, Cousins Amy & Clayton and their two little munchkins- CJ and Rachel.

Oh, and either before or after dinner, Jason had to run an errand...and he came back with a beautful bouquet for me! We don't make a big deal out of our Valeversary with gifts or anything, because it's not about what you spend or what you get, it's about loving that person and showing them they matter to you. So, we had decided to forgo gifts of any sort this year, since we're gearing up to be baby broke...but, he must have kept a little istock money back and brought me the most wonderful bouquet! He told me later that they were pretty much out of roses, but I didn't care. I actually prefer all the other pretty flowers there are to chose from.

He did put a single red rose in the middle, which is another one of our "things". The first time he sent me roses was the day we started "dating", Valentine's Day 2005. Poor guy, I waited until the day before to tell him he could send me flowers (funny story, ask me later). So, he spent extra money to order them ON VALENTINE'S DAY to have delivered to me at work. They were wonderful! White daisies, pink roses and a single red rose. So, for any other special occasions for the next couple years, that was the bouquet I got, and I always loved it. It was so special to me that I even had that exact bouquet on our wedding day! That is also the reason he wore a single red rose with his tux. (O:

All in all, it was a perfect Valeversary. We spent the whole day together (even though part of it was agonizingly dreadful), ate BBQ and have a beautiful bouquet at home. (O:

2 comments:

Pam said...

I had Brandon and Brady both at Anderson... it was a wonderful experience.. I hope you have a great one too..

Jillian said...

"Valeversary" is cute! It sounds like you had a lovely day.