Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Most Wonderful Dream

The night before last, I had the most wonderful dream and the more I replay it in my head, the happier it makes me. I had a dream with my Grandma Hilda in it. It was kind of weird because for part of it she was alive and with me.

We were just talking and sitting in (what I assume was) her office at a university. She used to work at the University of Kentrucky, so this isn’t too far of a stretch. But then, as we got up to leave her office, all of a sudden I saw a long table and bookshelves full of pictures. I didn’t remember it being there before, so I turned back and said ‘Wait a second’.

There were pictures of me and my dad from when I was young, pictures of me and Grams from when I was a baby all the way up until the last time I saw her before she passed away (only a few years ago), and pictures of Grams at different ages in her life. In my dream I started tearing up because of all the happy memories and then Grams hugged me so softly and sweetly. It was such a comforting moment, filled with love and happiness.

That’s when I woke up. It was weird because I’ve never dreamed about her before, but it was also so peaceful and wonderful.

These are two of my favorite pictures of her, both of which were among those framed on her shelves. She was so beautiful. I love her and miss her so very much.

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

okay, you already know i love the dream. and i lov ethose pictures. especially the black and white one. it's almost like you can see into her soul in that picture. okay. have a great day!