Thursday, February 12, 2009

Now, THAT was a shower!

It's been 5 days since my wonderfully stupendous baby shower and I am STILL recovering! I can't say it enough how thankful I am to have such wonderful people in my life- I am blessed more than I even knew!

Saturday was just an absolutely awesome day. I was allowed to show up about 30 minutes before it started to ooo and aaaa, and man did I! Everything looked so great! The decoration theme was all the colors of Emilia's room- brown, red, orange, yellow, green and blue. There were balloons on every table and so much food! Jason's cousin, Amy, made the cake and it was so beautiful and delicious!

I stood at the entrance to the room the shower was being held in, to make sure I got to greet everyone who came. They just kept coming...and coming...and coming! Total head count was over 60 people at this party! My friends throwing the party (Jessca, Jaime, Margo and Erin) were all trying to keep us on track as much as possible. So, promptly at 1:00 I was whisked away from the entrance to start eating. I could not believe how full the room was! As soon as I was done eating (or at least it looked like I'd eaten enough...), my friends put me up on the stage to start opening gifts...I thought it was going to take forever! Look at this table!

My friends kept me moving pretty quickly for a solid TWO HOURS! I didn't even get to break for cake. But, I do appreciate them making sure I got a piece after the shower ended. (O: My guests had a game to play while I was opening gifts. On each table were 8 jars of baby food, and they were supposed to guess the foods. There was one winner from each table- I have no idea who won. Haha (O: Here's Jaime annoucning the answers (She was the loudest and most outspoken of the hostesses, so she was full time announcer) (O:

Jaime was also our human timer. Every so often she would come up on stage with this ladle and pot lid and clang them together. Whoever's gift I was opening at that time, won a prize. I couldn't help by laugh everytime because it was so funny! Most the guests got a big kick out of it too!

Here's just a small peek at some of the great gifts I received:

This is one of the quilts my mom made.
I love the bright colors, it will be perfect for play time!

My sister made Emilia a little stuffed giraffe. I LOVE HIM!!!


Clare also made a quilt. She embroidered old nursery rhymes. I want to make a little book of all the nursery rhymes she used so I can teach them to Emilia from her quilt!
This is me in shock because my same friends that threw the best shower ever also gave us our convertible car seat! I couldn't believe it! It's such a blessing to already have this ready to go!

This is a picture of all the ladies who are currently pregnant that were at my shower. 5 of us go to church together!

Me and my sister, Clare


This is me with two of my very favorite ladies- Margie and Gerry! (O:


Me with the Grandma's (O:




This is my roomie from college, Mandy. She drove 5 hours from Louisville, KY for my shower!! She's due in June with baby boy Emerson. (O:



Jaime, Erin, Me, Jessca and Margo. They throw one good par-tay!



This pose was my sister's idea...it's a little cheesy, but cute none-the-less!



This is our living room once we unloaded all the gifts from the van...


This is once Jason and I took everything out of the bags...


This was the first attempt at stacking items by type...

I am still in shock over how many people came, and with what generousity they gave gifts. We are truly blessed because we have almost everything we could need to bring our little Emilia into this world. And my friends! They did such an amazing job on my shower, it was absolutely perfect and I loved every minute of it. God has given me a great group of girl friends, and I thank Him everyday for them!

Oh, something I forgot to mention- Jaime and Jessca informed me it was their grand plan to make me cry at my shower! Isn't that awful!!! As it turns out, I did NOT cry (big shocker there...), but my thank you speech I KNOW made Jaime tear up! That's what happens when you mess with me Jaime! (O: But really, thank you so much for everthing. Love ya!

Living room status update: Still in shambles...I can't hardly find places for everything to go! But, I'm working on it and it's definitely a good kind of problem to have! (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

i love this post! it makes me sound super wonderful! j/k but really.
i'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

annie said...

You ARE wonderful (O: