Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things, they are(n't) a changin'...

At least not yet! Since I'm only 38 weeks 3 days preggo today, I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed that Emilia wasn't ready to just shoot out at the doctor today. She's still cookin'. I have no changes from last week- still 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. We'll see what next week holds!

Oh, and the doctor has mentioned early induction to me twice now...I think it's weird to be bringing that up when I'm not even at or past my due date yet and there aren't any problems or concerns with my pregnancy. I guess maybe there are some people who would opt to be induced at 39 weeks, but I'm not one of them. I want to just go into labor naturally and at Emilia's pace...as long as her pace includes arriving by April 6th. I told the doctor I'd like to wait until at least my due date to discuss being induced because, let's face it, if I go past April 6th, I WILL be ready to have her here!

The only other thing the doctor mentioned was that my blood pressure was a little high this week. I told her my legs/ankles/feet and hands are getting more swollen also. But, apparently as long as there is no protein in my urine, I'm OK. (Currently, there is no protein in my urine, so that's good news). But, I'm really starting to dread waking up every day because all the joints of my hands and fingers ache so badly. It's hard to grib anything, even my pillow or cell phone, and I have to just shake them around until they start to loosen up. I'm hoping this is a pregnancy thing that goes away swiftly upon delivery of my sweet baby girl.

Speaking of sweet Emilia, I'm checking out for dresses for fall on Ebay...better get back to it! (O:

3 comments:

Hippiechic10 said...

I like your blog. Congratulations on being pregnant.

Jaime G. said...

to emilia:
keep on cooking baby! you just baste in that uterus until saturday night! your momma's gotta be at trivia night.

to annie: i'm very proud of you wanting to wait until at least your due date. very impressive. see you saturday! (twice!)

Across the Miles Photography said...

The Mexican food isn't doing the trick, huh? I hate Mexican last night & was thinking about you! :)

I see that you're looking for fall dresses...and I just had to add a couple of sites to the mix!

http://www.etsy.com/ Warning...the cutest stuff EVER is found on this site! The best little hats, baby bibs, dresses, etc. I'm addicted!!

Also...http://www.shabbyapple.com/c-16-shabby-baby-dresses.aspx Soooo cute!! They start at 0-6 month. I am going to be ordering Millie's easter dress from here if I can just narrow it down! LOL!