Monday, March 30, 2009

My life at 39 Weeks!

I have so many things I wanted to title this post because I have a lot to report!

First of all, yes, I'm still pregnant. Emilia seems quite content with waiting this out. Everyone keeps saying she's going to show up late because her Dad is ALWAYS late. But, J and I have decided that she'll probably make her grand entrance on exactly April 6th (her due date) because I like to be early and J is always late. So, we think it will even out and she'll come exactly when she's due, not before and not after. Is it too early in her life to start bribing her to do what I want?? (O:

This past weekend made me realize that I'm starting to lose my patience and I am becoming increasingly crabby at the drop of a hat. Take yesterday, for instance. Jason and I went to an afternoon showing of "I Love You, Man" at the movie theater. Because I have the bad habit of leaving my purse at the movie theater, I've made it a habit to only take in my debit card. So, J drops me off at the front door to purchase tickets while he parks the car. I walk in, purchase our tickets and decide I should get a snack. I order a Sprite and some Junior Mints. I hand my card to the girl and she asks for my ID. Now, normally, I'm the type to already have my ID ready because I know if my card isn't signed they are supposed to ask and can refuse service if I cannot produce said ID. Well, just my luck, today I left my ID in my wallet, in my purse, in the van. So, I'm staring at this girl, telling her my ID is in the van and ask 'So, you can't give me my snacks because I don't have my ID?" She says "No". I immediately get completely ticked off (even though I KNOW she's only doing her job and under un-pregnant, normal circumstances, I would have thanked her for not accepting payment without verifying my identity). In my head, I'm yelling at her saying "So, you all will let me purchase the TICKETS without an ID, but no SNACKS??" But, I decided against arguing with this poor teenager. I did not, however, refrain from slamming my Junior Mints down on the counter and storming off. About this time, Jason was at the ticket counter waiting for me to give him his ticket. He could tell right away that something was wrong. He asked, I explained and huffed off to our theater. We get to our seats and I'm still mad about it. He asks if I want him to go get snacks for me with his card and ID and I just say "No". I'm too mad now anyway. Can you believe that???! I must have some serious pregnancy hormones kicking in, or I'm just getting tired of being pregnant! I never, Ever act like that about something so trivial. After the movie, once I had calmed down, I was so embarrassed about how I had acted. Poor girl, just trying to work a part-time job for gas money and she has some crazy, fat, pregnant lady slamming down Junior Mints (that she doesn't even need) all because she's doing her job! Ugh, what's wrong with me!

I always want to say that Jason has been really great this entire pregnancy! His latest wonderful act makes me feel somewhat sorry for him, actually. You may or may not know that I have a lot of trouble breathing through my nose, and therefore really only ever breathe through my mouth. Ordinarily, this is fine. The only annoyance is that I'm a heavy breather when I'm sleeping because of it. I know it took some getting used to for Jason when we first got married. Well, it's gotten much worse! My breathing has become much more labored (mostly due to Emilia taking up all my extra space and pressing on my lungs). This has, in turn, made my heavy nighttime breathing more of a snore. It's gotten SO BAD that my poor, dear husband has moved to the couch!! A few nights ago, he woke up and said I can't take it anymore, I'm going to sleep on the couch! I apologized (half asleep). The next day we talked about it and he said he feels so bad for me because it's my breathing all the time that's gotten worse. He knows I can't help it and he's just sleeping on the couch because the snoring is keeping him up all night. Anyone who knows Jason knows that we are jokesters and like to give each other a hard time about pretty much everything. I can honestly tell you, this is one thing he hasn't given me a hard time about at all! I'm so impressed and relieved. How awful to be kicked out of your own bed by a snoring, pregnant wife! I just keep telling him that hopefully it will go away when Emilia gets here!

And, to make Jason look even better- I've been craving hot dogs and macaroni and cheese again (I posted a blog a long time ago about making that for dinner and how Jason was less than pleased)... Well, he came home from work the other day with a pack of hot dogs for me! He's still not uber-excited about having to eat this meal with me, but, he isn't complaining about it! So, tonight is hot dogs and mac 'n' cheese night! Mmm-MMM!! (O:

So, there's my update. I'm still pregnant, getting crabby, snoring like a monster and making my husband eat kid food. (O:

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

sorry that you're crabby and i'm sort of glad that i'm too sick to be around your crabbiness. hot dogs and mac-n-cheese sound heavenly. all i've had since saturday is some soup and popsicles and ice cream (okay, i know that those are wonderful treats but it would be nice to be able to eat some real food and not choke on it).
i miss you. it's crazy that next time i'm able to see you, you could very well have popped out little miss emilia. (and i almost had a typo that turned into to "pooped out"! funny!)