Friday, November 20, 2009

Never a dull moment!

As my good friend, Jaime has so kindly pointed out to me during a (these days) RARE email-athon, I haven’t been blogging lately. Well, let me explain why…ready?

Starting last weekend, I have been going 100miles an hour, non stop. Let’s start with last Saturday....

All was going well, the weekend was shaping up rather nicely and I even got to bed semi-early Saturday night. (Yes, I was excited about going to be early on a Saturday night…I am officially a loser). Jason was still on the couch, half watching tv, half sleeping (his typical weekend schedule…sometimes he makes it to bed, other times he sleeps down there all night). Well, about 2 or 2:30am he comes upstairs and flops down on our bed moaning (in pain). My first thought was annoyance, ‘why is he being so loud, I am SLEEPING!’ But, after a few minutes I realized he was actually in pretty severe pain. So, after a few more minutes of back and forth on whether or not to go to the hospital, I tell him we are going. I knock on his parents’ bedroom door (one nice perk of living with the in-laws) and ask if they mind listening for Emilia, we are going to the hospital. 4 ½ hours later and about 5-6 tests later, we find out he has appendicitis. By 8:00 a.m. they were prepping him for surgery. He had to stay the night Sunday and we didn’t get to leave until 4:00 p.m. on Monday. That made for a rough 2 days on very little sleep.

Now he is on ‘bed rest’ for at least a week, maybe longer. Then, he will have more at home recovery and cannot return to work for an additional 2-3 weeks! This is mostly because he works with contractors at a home improvement store, so he won’t be able to lift before then. Because of this, I have been taking care of Emilia pretty much solo. Of course, his parents help play with her and cuddle her, but it’s all me for bath time, bottles and bedtime. Usually we trade off. I am getting worn out.

Did I mention that this week and next week are J’s two weeks of vacation?? Poor guy! Also, J was scheduled to speak at our church this coming Sunday night. Of course, that has also been put on hold. There were a few church waiting for him to send that out to be considered for positions. So, we had to email them and explain the situation.

On top of that, it looks like we won’t be going to KY for Thanksgiving with my mom, as previously planned. We were going to leave out Wednesday afternoon and come back Thursday afternoon, as we usually do. I was actually excited to go and see my mom’s side of the family and to show off my sweet little girl. Mom had purchased a pop-a-tot for Emilia to try out and we even had a new stereo with ipod capabilities installed in my van. One of Jason’s first thoughts after hearing he would have surgery was that we wouldn’t be able to go. So, I don’t know if he’s just trying to get out of it, or if he really thinks he will be in that much pain. I am *HOPING* that the doctor will tell him he is fine to travel and J will decide to tough it out…but we will see.

Oh, and I’ve been sending out resumes for Jason like MAD this week. There have been new postings almost every day! He has even heard back from a few about filling out additional applications and even had one church say they would like to meet him! (That church is an itsy bitsy one in the hills of Virginia…so, he wants to ask some additional questions before trekking out there at the beginning of the year). We also applied for a position at a church in Edwardsville (15 minutes from where we are now)! I think that one’s probably a long shot since it’s a bigger church and they probably would prefer a little more experience…but I can dream! It’s not actually for the senior pastor, it’s for a small groups minister, so maybe he will have a shot. That would mean not leaving our friends and family.

OK, I feel like I’ve gotten off point. All that is left to say is that I am SO glad it is the weekend and I am Happy Happy Happy to have NO plans!! (O:

No comments: