Monday, November 23, 2009

Off my game.

There is a definite funk in the air today. I woke up in a pretty good mood (even thoug I skipped my morning run to sleep in...whoopsie daisy!) but it has started to go downhill. I don't know what it is about this place, but people always seem cranky at work. There are a select few that *try* to remain in good spirits, but for the most part everyone is crabby. That is the worst part about working with all women. But, I just walk away and sit in my cave(office) and think happy thoughts. Like these:

I purchased a new top from Target yesterday and wasn't sure if it was cute or not...I thought it was super fun, but never know what others might think. The jury is back and it was a hit! I got several compliments at church last night! Yay!! (O:

Also, I experimented a little with the curling iron while getting ready. I am DYING for banana curls that look free-flowing and beautiful, but until recently didn't think I could do them. I have been googling the heck out of this, trying to find the best way to get the best curls. (You read that right, I GOOGLED it. I am officially a dork, but like you didn't know that already!) I've had my compiled list of instructions sitting in my email inbox for WEEKS, waiting for The Day. Well! The Day was yesterday (sort of). I didn't allow for as much time as I really needed (thanks thick hair!), but what I was able to do really added body to my hair. I felt so pretty and really liked it. The thing that drove me crazy about straightening my hair bone straight was that I was constantly smoothing out the back and running my fingers through it to make sure it was laying flat. Curled/body-licious hair is a whole new ball game! It doesn't have to look perfect and that was awesome. I can't wait until the next time I can play around with it! (Hoepfully I will remember the hair spray next time so the bananas will hold) (O:

Fleece rain boot liners!! Woo hoo!! They just came in and I'm going to try them on Right. Now. Awesome. They are wonderful. I will have to keep an extra lint roller at work now, because the cream color fleece fur has already left its mark on my black scrubs. But, they will be so worth it! Now, Target, please oh PLEASe send my rain boots!! I am so excited for them and promise to wear them almost everyday to work!

Working from home. While I would rather just take the day off to run Jason and Emilia to the doctor(s), I don't have any sick time left. So, I am greatly appreciative that I have a job where I can work from home and an employer that allows it. It is a huge blessing to be able to take some work home with me and get it done there, when something happens and I can't be at work.

Sprite Zero! Hello diet white soda that tastes good!! Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I haven't had caffiene. So, I'm going on a year and a half with no caffiene (the occasional sweet tea, though). Well, I do still love the yummy bubbles that a soda provides so I started drinking Sprite (and Sierra Mist at work). I realized that I am packing in the calories by doing so. I have started drinking diet caffiene free pepsi at work. I used to mock those who drank this, because I thought WHY BOTHER with no caffiene or calories. Now I know. I want the bubbles. So, I started hunting for a diet white soda that wasn't awful. Diest 7Up was an immediate no. I stumbled upon Sprite Zero last week and grabbed a 2-Liter to try. To my surprise, it really isn't that bad. It tastes very similar to regular Sprite (my fav white soda) and I am very pleased! I grabbed up a couple cases this weekend and I'm living the good life! Haha.

OK. This was a somewhat long, rather scattered random blog post. Please don't un-friend me over it. At least I feel happier. (O:

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

there is something in the air EVERYWHERE! today is just off kilter. I woke up at 7:20. I usually leave at 7:30 to take Jax to daycare and then get to work. bad news there.
(another lady i work with left her keys at home. we're short staffed today so we had to get VERY creative.)
oh... it wasn't just me that overslept... jon and jax too!

*and i had a dream that our 5k was moved to a dirt track at a high school, so we had to run around a football field for 3 miles... in dirt. it was ugly.
** i still have 24 normal sprites left, but i may try the zero once i run out.
*** i feel like we havne't gotten to talk in ages. so, hi friend. i miss you.