Friday, August 21, 2009

Hooray for being homeless!

(**Disclaimer: I know actual homelessness is no laughing matter and I don't mean to offend. I have just been referring to myself and my family's sitation as being homeless because we are, in fact, without a home due to selling ours. Thank you**)

WHEW!!! That's all I can say. I'm SO GLAD to have this house closing business over with! We packed and moved everything like mad men this past week (thanks to Mom, In-Laws, Audrey, Big Daddy and Kev Daddy for all the help!!) We have moved in with Jason's parents for now...well, I use 'moved in' loosely at this point...that house is in shambles bc we hardly know where to begin putting things away. But, it's there, we are there, and that's that.

The actual loan closing was 3-day nightmare! It was supposed to happen on Monday, so I planned for a doctor's appointment afterwards in hopes of only missing 1 day of work...they didn't have what they needed to close so we moved it to Tuesday. I still had to take a few hours off for the doctor's appointment, so I wasn't too pleased about that. But, oh well. Tuesday is filled with MANY phone calls from our realtor...still don't have what they need and it doesn't look like today's the day either. UGH. Finally, Wednesday rolls around and I don't hear anything almost all day...so I call her around 2. She said they have almost everything they need at the title company and it might happen today at 5:30p.m. Something gets caught up and that doesn't happen...she calls back to say we might be closing around 7, I'll let you know. And WOO HOO!! She actually calls and says come on over!

Those were 3 stressful days for me. I try to always be a positive person, always looking for the good of any situation but I was completely spent because of this. Tuesday and Wednesday were not good days for me. I was grumpy and cranky and a little rude. It made me glad I only have to really talk to one person (my office mate) unless I choose otherwise. I was pretty much holed up in here those days for fear of offending someone when I didn't care to hear their latest story or if I didn't laugh at their joke.

BUT, all is well! That part is done! Now, we move on to trying to find some sort of organization in a home that isn't our own. My in-laws are wonderful people and have done so much to make sure we feel welcome and at home. So, that is not what I'm talkign about... I mean more of the fact that there's just not that much space to fit two whole families' lives. There just isn't. We are cramped and crowded. Emilia's stuff is everywhere and there are boxes galore. Most of which I dread unpacking because I know I don't have enough shelf space for it all...But, that's OK. That's another day's problem!

Tonight I'm taking my second (hopefully final) load of yard sale stuff to Jaime's house and J's coming with me to bring tables in his truck. Tomorrow will hopefully be a fun day. I keep thinking that I should have just donated everything because I've got a lot of stress rumbling around in my brain. But, I love yard sales! And I love spending time with good friends. So, I keep reminding myself about those things. Maybe I'll even make a little money! (O:

No comments: