Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let's Catch Up! (O:

I'm sorry, I know I've been absent for a while...life has gotten pretty busy lately and I'm barely keeping up!


Jason's grandpa Oshall has taken a turn for the worse and could go any day now, according to Hospice. We spent this past weekend with the family at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Oddly enough, it was a good weekend. Thankfully, we all know where Oshall is going, so we were able to spend our last days together praising our Lord, laughing at old memories and also crying together. We spent some time each day singing old hyms (one of Oshall's favorite things to do) and on Sunday, we all shared in Communion in their living room. I know this is exactly how Oshall would have asked to spend his last days on this earth and I'm glad we were able to share in this time. From the updates I've been receiving, he is starting to get worse each day- taking in less fluids and only taking one or two bites of food. At this rate, it will probably be any day now that he'll be standing before his God, and he WILL HEAR "Well done, good and faithful servant". I'm so sad to see him go, but I'm so happy that he will feel no more pain and gets to praise our God forever.


Kind of in the middle of all of that- I had surgery on my right wrist this past Thursday...I had what is (apparently) called First Dorsal Compartment Syndrome. A lot of words to say that I have 2 tendons in my wrist that were rubbing on each other because they didn't have enough room...very painful and annoying, especially for a nursing mother. So, I decided to have it corrected (my only other option was more cortizone shots, which were only a temporary fix). I was told in my consultation that there was "No Recovery Time", that I would be able to use my hand immediately and that it would only be tender to touch where they cut me open...boy was someone WRONG!!! I couldn't use my hand at ALL Thursday or most of Friday! I had to keep it elevated or it would start throbbing and I couldn't move my thumb or I would have shooting pain in my wrist. So, Jason took care of Emilia Thursday and called his mom to take care of me and Emilia on Friday...it was pretty annoying. We all left Friday evening to head to Dexter, MO (Jason's grandparent's house). I was a little better with my hand by then, but still couldn't nurse or even really hold Emilia unless she just wanted to lay in my left arm. Have I mentioned yet that I'm right handed...and it was crazy hard to not be able to use that hand!! Jason was really great at helping me take care of Emilia and even took care of her night feedings and everything until Sunday when I was finally able to *sort of* manuever to feed her. I'm still not 100%, but it's a major improvement. It still hurts if I type too quickly...so after this post I might be on for a while because my hands can't keep up with my thoughts! (O:


Other than that, what else is there... OH! We are MOVING! Haha. We are scheduled to close on our house this coming Monday!!! Have we had time to pack with everything else going on? Not so much..Jason, luckily, stayed home yesterday and packed out the entire kitchen, which is awesome! Since our bedroom and Emilia's room at going to his parents house, we only have a little in the office, a little in the living room and the basement left! It shouldn't be too bad...but we're trying to get everything done now, so we are somewhat ready to move in case Grandpa passes this week...

Ugh. Too much to think about. I also have the September Ladies' Night and my sister-in-law's baby shower swimming in my head!

Maybe I can bury myself in work and forget about everything for a while...

2 comments:

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Im sorry to hear about Jasons Grandpa, but so glad to know that he is leaving this earth for a eternity with God :)... that brings peace beyond measure to those of us who are still here. Know that even though I don't get to talk to you often, you are a sweet girl, and as much as he touched your life, Im sure you touched his as well. Your family is in my prayers, and my love is with you all.

sorry i forgot to put a word in my comment! had to redo it :)