Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Look out India- Jason's on his way!

Well, today is the day. My hubby is leaving for India in just a few short hours...

I really feel like this whole thing just snuck up on me! But, it's more that we've have a non-stop, go-go-go life for the past few months. Between surgeries, deaths, moving and daily life with baby Emilia, time really flown by. It feels like it was just yesterday I was telling Jason that, 'Yeah, we should be able to make this work'.

I will admit (ashamedly) that I'm still a little jealous that I'm not getting to go. I know I should be glad for the group because God is going to touch their lives in ways they probably don't even realize yet...but, I'm just a little sad that I don't get to go. I guess it's OK to be jealous that I won't get to experience God's work over the next 10 days, it's not like that's a bad thing...right? But, I am continually reminded of my precious gift, Emilia, the reason I'm staying home. My little girl needs her Momma and I can't imagine being away from her for even a couple days, let alone 10! So, I am not envious of Jason for that. I just hope our little girl doesn't grow up too much while he's gone. He'll miss her 5 month birthday, but I'm planning to send pictures. (O:

I'm also completely excited for them! This will be Jason's second out-of-country mission trip and I can still remember how eye-opening our trip to Africa in 2006 was for him. He really has a heart for people, even though it might not always seem like it. He might not always show as much compassion for people in our country that have so much opportunity and just don't do anything with it. But, he definitely has a heart for people who are at the disadvantage. (I've found that sometimes these poor people from these 3rd world countries are so much happier with what little they have, and it's just amazing! I know Jason feels the same.) He has the opportunity to share God's word with several groups of people while over there and I'm so proud of him! I know he's nervous because he hasn't really 'preached' but just a couple times and this will be much more difficult due to using a translator. I've been praying for strength and confidence in God to fill him up while he is in India. I know God is going to use him in ways Jason can't even fathom yet, and I cannot wait to hear all about it when he gets back.

So, if anyone out there is reading this- I'm asking you to join me in praying for our group traveling to India. Please join me in praying for their safety during all their travels (to India and throughout the country). Please pray that their hearts will be open to God and they will allow Him to use them for His will at all times. Please pray that God will be with everyone they come into contact with, that these people, who are so different from us, will be open and willing to share the Word with them and just become their friends over the next 10 days. And PLEASE pray that God returns each person in our group home safely on September 12th.

1 comment:

Jaime G. said...

you got it sister! it really did seem to come up quick... crazy! hopefully he'll be home before we know it!