Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yay for Tuesday!!

Even though I'm feeling pretty crummy (headache, sinus pressure w/red nose, sore throat, etc.) and I'm sleepy, I am still so excited for today!! Today is the official re-start-up of our ladies' small group!! Woo hoo!!

We took a break over the summer (I don't know that it was on purpose, but that's what ended up happening...) and tonight we're getting together for a fun night. There will be ice cream sundaes, games and catching up. I can't wait! Even though I see most of these friends on a weekly basis at church, it's so nice to have this little bit of extra time each week to spend together.

My friend, Jaime started this group about a year ago (is that right?? yeesh) and it has be so great to see the awesome things God is doing! We've had a few ladies leave the group and we've added severeal more. I can just tell that we're all a part of this group for His master plan! We come from different backgrounds, different spots in our walk with God, different senses of humor, different stages in life, etc. But, I truly LOVE how God is using each of us to inspire and encourage the others. A group doesn't have to be made up of all Mothers, or Singles, or Teachers- we can all come together and offer each other different life experiences and different points of view. Our time together is NEVER boring! It is always full of laughs and smiles, with the occasional tears. We build each other up and sometimes, correct each other in our faults (not really during group time, but individually).

I know there is at least one new friend joining our group and I'm so glad for it. She and I have been friends for nearly 18 years (grew up in church together) and she's never really been a part of any group or anything other than spending time with her family. Not that there is anything wrong with family time. I'm just glad she's breaking out of her shell and is willing to meet new people and develop new friendships. She already knows most of the ladies, at least knows who they are, so hopefully this will go well.

There is also the possibility of maybe 2 other new girls too! We met them at our church's Ladies Night last month and they were both really fun! I hope we didn't scare them off by being too loud and crazy....we shall see! (O:

So, even though this post might seem boring, I just wanted to say how truly thankful I am to be a part of this great group. It is my prayer that God will continue to use us in ways we can't even comprehend and that we will continue to grow closer to Him and to each other!

No comments: