Thursday, September 17, 2009

Never alone...

Since moving in with Jason's parents, life has definitely been changing. While I am extremely grateful to them for taking us in after our house sold, I'm really starting to miss my 'alone time'. If you know me at all, you know that I'm a huge people person. I L.O.V.E. spending time with my family and friends as much as possible. Apparently, that was only when I could also retreat back to my own space when needed.


It seems like there is always someone in the house now. And no, not just his parents (who are obviously always there), but they have a lot of people coming and going. For instance, this week, Jason's grandma Betty is in town having some dental work done. So, she has been staying with us since Saturday. Any time Grandma is up, the house might as well have a revolving door installed because there are always people stopping by to visit. Jason's brother and sister-in-law have been over every night and last night had even more guests for a fish fry.

I do dearly love all of these people, but I'm starting to struggle. It's hard to come home from work to a house full of people EvErY night. To top it off, I've been feeling a little less than great (I think it's a sinus cold) all week. So by the time I make it through the day, pick up Emilia and arrive home, I'm ready for my pj's and some relaxing. It's just not happening this week. Last night, in fact, I'm pretty sure my mood was shining through and I feel bad about that. Its not that I don't enjoy each and every one of the people who was over, but I'm just tired...tired of being sick, tired of not getting any alone time, tired of not getting all Emilia's cuddles to myself.

So, I'm sorry this post is so negative, but its how I'm feeling.

But, to try and put a positive spin on it (I just don't like feeling so negative)...I know God's plan is bigger than me and its bigger than Jason. We know selling our house before Jason has a church job lined up is scary and proving to be rather difficult, but everything happens in God's time. Before we put the house on the market, we prayed that it would sell if it was God's will and then it did! We know it will be so great that whenever Jason does get offered a position at a church, we won't have this huge financial burden that we must unload before accepting. It's just the in-between time that might be hard. I just keep praying that God will give us strength and that He will open a door for Jason soon.

OK, much better! Thank you God for your perfect timing and your perfect plan!

No comments: