Friday, September 25, 2009

Squatternut Baush!

If you didn't spend the better part of the 90's watching FRIENDS religiously, as I did, you will have no idea what I'm talking about...But, if you were totally awesome enough to memorize Every. Single. Episode (wow, I was kind of pathetic, eh?), you know exactly what I am referring to. (O: I won't explain the whole episode (not because I can't though, you better believe I still know them all by heart...again, pathetic.)...it's just an episode where Joey is trying to break some tension and tells the story about when someone was trying to say Butternut Squash and it came out Squatternut Baush. (haha, not funny I know...maybe you had to be there.)

Anyway, that really has nothing to do with anything except that my little Emilia has been enjoying her nightly oatmeal cereal mixed with Butternut Squash. That's right, ladies and gentlemen! Emilia has had her first veggie- hooooooraaaay. It may not seem like much, but in the past week she's gone from being completely disinterested in any form of rice or oatmeal ceral to not being able to get enough! I literally cannot get it into her mouth fast enough! This is very exciting for us because our ped recommended starting cereal and baby food at Emilia's 4 month check up (almost 2 months ago) and we've been trying it every night, with little luck. So, needless to say, this is great that she's all about eating it now! Last night was her third night on the squash and we haven't seen any signs of allergy (yay!) So tonight we will move on to either sweet carrots or sweet potatoes...I can just feel your excitement building (don't worry, I'll let you know which we choose!) ha.

In related news- Emilia slept ALL NIGHT! Double YAY! I have been praying and praying that God would just let her sleep through the night because our whole family needed it. So when I rolled over this morning and squinted to see the alarm clock (I swear I'm getting lasik someday!), I was suprised and ecstatic that it was 4:59 a.m.!! I know you're thinking, 'Annie, are you crazy- that's way to early to be waking up!' While you are absolutely correct, it also meant that I wasn't woken up at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 like the night before! I was able to sleep until my alarm went off, get up shower and get ready all while my angel slept! I even did my hair. Haha.

I did hear Emilia start talking to herself around 6:3oish, so I went in to check on her. She was laying there, on her belly, looking around. When she saw me she smiled from behind her pacifier. It was adorable. (O:

So pretty much this day got off to a great start! And it only gets better from here...I'm leaving work at 11:00 to go shopping with some of the family that's in town. Tonight is Fried Taco Night with the whole family (I think only 20 of us, but that's still a good size group!) And tomorrow....Yard Sale Extravaganza!!!! WOO HOO!! I even puchased these cute hot pink reusable bags for each of us to carry. I spent some time last night writing our names on the bags with a black permanent letter and they are just so fun! I hope the other girls love them as much as I do! (O:

I hope all of you out there in bloggy world have as fabulous of a weekend as I intend to!!! (O:

3 comments:

Erin* said...

Yay!! That's exciting news! :) I don't have any babies but it's always a good thing when Daniel sleeps through the night!! ha ha :) Tomorrow is going to be so much for you guys .. I'm kind of jealous & I don't even like to get up early!! :)

Jillian said...

Aw Annie, I'm so glad that she slept for you! :)
AND
how can you say that you aren't creative? I want to see a picture of those bags. I bet all of the ladies will love em!

Jaime G. said...

wait. when you say you "did your hair" or fixed it or whatever... do you mean, really? like it's styled and not in a messy bun thing?

glad to see your day is going well!