Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Think Happy Thoughts...

I'm not having a very happy morning...and it started last night. I can't really go into details but basically I'm getting walked over just a bit and I'm pretty ticked about it.

Soooo, in hopes of raising my happiness quotient for today, I thought I would blog about some things that fill me with joy!

** Emilia Grace, my beautiful baby girl. Even when I don't get to sleep through the night because she keeps waking up, I'm still so glad to see her in the morning. No matter how bad she has slept, she's always ready with a smile when it's time to wake up. She's talking (babbling) more and more and it's so fun! I love her smiles and her laughs. I love how she snuggles up into my neck when she's tired. I really love how her face lights up and she starts kicking her legs when I come to pick her up at daycare. Love. Love. Love.

** Jason, my wonderful husband. Just this morning he was encouraging me about my 'unfortunate issue' and he is just so great! He always knows exactly what to say to help and I love him for that! He's so driven and really excited about finishing school and getting a job where he feels like he's helping people. I cannot wait for that, he deserves it! He can always make me laugh and tells me he loves me every day. (O:

** Mis Amigas! My friends are also wonderful. Most of the time they call or text right when I need it most, without even knowing! I love that I have good friends that I can call on or vent to whenever I need to. They don't judge, they accept me for who I am and always encourage me. My friends are a constant source of happiness in my life and I love them so much!

** Fall weather! Man, I really love fall! I love when the leaves start changing from green to red, yellow and orange. Those trees make such beautiful scenery for my daily drive to work. I also love the chill in the air. Even though I end up thinking about how I forgot a jacket *again*, I love getting the goosebumps on my arms that tell me fall is here! I can't wait for bonfires and smores. I can't wait for Emilia's first Halloween. I also have plans to rake a pile of leaves and plop her in them for some photos. (O:

** Chocolate. It cures all things. (haha). It's probably slightly pathetic that a piece of chocolate can help turn my day around, but it's true. I'm enjoying a Dove Promises Chocolate & Caramel right now and it's heavenly.

** Yummy smelling candles. Even though I have an awful sense of smell and rarely can smell anything...I do enjoy a nice, freshly-scented candle. My office mate is burning a 'Washed Denim' candle this morning and it's so lovely. I can smell just a hint of it each time I walk into our office and it makes me smile. I also have a candle on my desk (not lit, that would be too many smells in this small room!). It's by Yankee Candle and it's called Sun & Sand. It is wonderful! When I light it, I like to close my eyes and imagine I'm laying poolside near a beach somewhere. It's fabulous.

** Small Group!! We met last night for the first time in a while and it was just what I needed! I really love all my friends in that group and it's great to see them starting to grow friendships with each other too. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for us this fall!

** Yard Sales!! Woo hoo yard sales! (O: I am definitely a yard sale fanatic- love love love them! I love a good deal no matter where it is, but yard sales are the best for baby items and other neat finds! This coming weekend is, what I have officially coined, 'The Yard Sale Extravaganza'! Every year, my husband's family (immediate family, relatives, extended relatives, 'adapted' relatives...you get the pictures) has a big golf tournament. The men golf all day and the ladies shop! A couple years back I mentioned yard saling instead of mall shopping, bc you can spend less money and get more deals! So, our yard sale group has been growing each year and it's so exciting! We've got a good group going this weekend, yay! I even purchased pink reusable bags for all of us to use! haha, I'm a dork, I know! But, yard sales, here we come!

OK, mission accomplished. I have definitely raised my happiness quotient. Here's to a great day! ;-)

No comments: