Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I need a PLAN!

OK, I'm sure we all have days like this and today is just one of my days. I need to get my act together- start eating better and start exercising. It has been 6 months, SIX MONTHS, since I had Emilia and I'm still hanging on to part of my baby weight. I know that people say 'it took 9 months to put it on, it will take at least that long to come back off', but I'm stagnant. I haven't lost any weight in months- mostly because I haven't done anything about it. We've had a lot of life changes in the past couple months- sold our house, moved in with the in-laws, had a grandpa and two other older ladies who were close to our family pass away, on and on. But, I'm tired of the excuses and I'm tired of not liking what I see in the mirror.

I've been talking about doing the Couch to 5K plan for a loooooong time now and even have my new running shoes already...but that is as far as I have gotten. I am going to hassle my hubby (haha) until he helps me get our treadmill set up in the basement so I can start exercising in the mornings. I will have to keep a baby monitor with me down there, so I won't get to enjoy any nice, fresh, autumn air, but that's OK.

The eating right thing may take a little more work, since I also have my husband, father&mother-in-law that contribute to meal time preparation. But, if nothing else, I am in control of what I eat for lunch and what I choose to snack on. I need to load myself up with smart snacks so the decision is pre-made. Yes, this requires more effort on my part, but I believe it will be worth it. I have gone through the Weight Watchers book and looked at the Core Plan list of foods. I made a list of all the foods I like so I can try to only eat foods from this list (as much as possible).

I have a goal in mind, but I'm too embarassed to tell you what it is. I will try to update as I go, hopefully the bloggy-friend accountability will help me stick with this. I've already been encouraged by those out there that are turning their plans into realities and they are making good decisions, exercising and seeing real results. I want to be part of that group! (O:

2 comments:

Jaime G. said...

so we aren'tt eh best at holding each other accountable to ANYTHING, but if you do it, i'll do it. event he couch to 5k. even the eating healthy. by the way, my favorite snacks are raw almonds.. a handful has a lot of impact on my snacking and i always have some in my drawer at work. adn then grapes. 1 cup of grapes. yummy!

Erin* said...

Yay for you Friend!!! I need to do the exact same thing! You guys could come over & we can take turns on the treadmill while we all watch tons & tons of episodes of Friends!! That would be exciting! We can laugh, do crunches .. laugh some more .. run .. drink water & quote Friends & laugh again. :) It'd be Great!!